Super Daily Event AFFECTS FTP

Comments

• DorkyDorky Member Posts: 337

Btw wild idea for kabam.

Bring back super daily event with same rewards but lock it behind sigil

I like to watch the world burn
    This right here is the best idea lol. But most will disagree because they won't like this idea. Put it behind a paywall. Problem solved and people will still complain.
  • jcphillips7jcphillips7 Member Posts: 1,381 ★★★★
    Dorky said:

Btw wild idea for kabam.

Bring back super daily event with same rewards but lock it behind sigil

I like to watch the world burn
    This right here is the best idea lol. But most will disagree because they won't like this idea. Put it behind a paywall. Problem solved and people will still complain.
    I mean, they're going to have to do something given how outdated Sigil is. I really only kept it going to get 7* Sigil Witch and expanded invetory space. Now that I have her, I'm heavily reconsidering subscribing again until they fix it.

Crashed said he has big plans in store for sigil coming soon, and I believe it. But I'd like to see how much of a change they're offering with that. "Fast arena" is a nice feature, but I don't even arena grind, so that's mostly useless for me unless I randomly have to do a special arena or something.
  • Noobmaster555Noobmaster555 Member Posts: 91
    I didn't read it but OP might get the highest number of disagree. Lol.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Member Posts: 5,570 ★★★★★
    I've been wondering this whole entire time, does OP know the difference between affects and effects? Me thinks not.
  • JUSTRITCHJUSTRITCH Member Posts: 17
    This game is a chore to play without the Daily Super Event..

It has to come back these daily rewards are brutally outdated.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Member Posts: 13,933 ★★★★★
    edited July 24

CesarSV7 said:

First of all, Once you spend (Sigil) you are not a FTP anymore.

As an actual FTP player, I like the super daily event. It makes your gameplay less of a chore. And you can freely grind in whatever mode you want. It gives you more gold when compared to the RNG uncollected gold crystals. And plus rank up materials that would cost you more resources to attain. 750 7*shards a day. You get more from this than most eq or side quest in a month. Not to mention T4 alphas which you can’t find easily which swiping that card.

So I’m not sure what you are on about.

That's why when I explained I said I was Sigil to Play, not because I want to but because I CAN'T compete in arena without it.
    That's not a thing. You spend money, you are P2W. You can compete with P2W players, you are not playing from the perspetive of a F2P players

Can we stop this pay to "win" bs?...
    You don't see us calling others Free to leech..
    Its like free players wear a magic cape and a badge and feel special when all they do is complain about not getting stuff...
    The game wouldn't survive without pay to win players.
    The game wouldn't survive without Free to play players as well.

But yk what, The game won't notice a bit if you decide to quit or stop spending in the game.
    You act like you are the biggest spender in the game and the game is alive because of you.

Even the biggest whales like Usafa are ok with the ptw term cuz it means, They won something (game item) by paying some money to the game. They literally made a purchase.

You act like p2w players and whales are actually donating money for nothing in return, just for the welfare of the game. No, they don't care about kabam or buying their employees a cheeseburger. They want some game item, They don't have the time/patience to grind, but the money to buy it, So they are buying it.

You are just acting like that one rich MBA guy who yaps about capitalism and thinks giving free rations to poor people is the reason for economic hardship, Lol.
    You are not getting the point. I act the same way they F2L do. Oh yeah I am pretty sure when they say P2W they mean the item they won rofl, if you believe that you are as naive as they come. Lets add the sob replies they give after saying "Well I have a life, a family, obligatioms and bills" I am pretty sure they mean well when they reply that way rofl.
    I am not acting like a rich MBA guy, you want to know why? Because I am not starting responses as I am a spender I don't think F2L players should get stuff. I am replying to people who just complain about NOT getting stuff. People who believe getting free stuff will keep them competitive, and that is the biggest lie in the game. If they get stuff guess what? Spenders get it too there is no gap narrowing. They just want more stuff and use the gap as an excuse.
    True fact if 1000 spenders quit, the quality of game, service, and other stuff lowers. (are we seeing this right now? I think we are)
    If 1000 F2L players quit, more bandwidth.
    Last time someone used that same term here on the forums, they ended up getting banned the same day. And they didn't shamed players as much as you are doing right now.

Wouldn't be surprised if you are the next one.
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,300 ★★★★★
    edited July 24

Lol the solution is keeping both? ...Did you just write like 3 paragraphs to just say you want both events to run?

I still don't understand the argument or F2P players to stay competitive... F2P brings nothing to the table, people don't care if you can stay competitive or not.

You are living in a delusional multiverse if you think F2P bring nothing to the table.
    With good value sales and offers a F2P is a potential spender, the happier the end user the more likely they are to spend.
    F2P players form the bulk of the player-base while you here are just a forum troll who is just hating on F2P and trying to assert dominance just cos you identify as a major "spender" I guess.
    If the F2P players don't feel the need to compete anymore and start leaving the game then you will be waiting for 20 mins in your battlegrounds lobby to find a match.
    Probably thats the time you should bring some popcorn and reflect on your crappy comments.

Also "Free to Leach" sounds much more derogatory than "Pay to Win". You comparisons are just out of bounds.
    Tell me the "potential spending" of players that wear the so called F2P cape in this game saying "I am a 6-7 year F2P." Lol
    Need to compete? What need to compete? They self describe themselves as canon fodder already. Do you even read the matchmaking complaints every season? By the way I am not talking about every F2P, I am talking about the ones that complain about it, and use spenders to validate their own arguments. Like others have said, starting a post with the phrase "I am F2P this and that and is not fair wah wahhh"
    Is it more derogatory? Maybe it is, but truth is in the real world if you shove someone you can't be upset for getting punched.

CesarSV7 said:

As an actual FTP player, I like the super daily event. It makes your gameplay less of a chore. And you can freely grind in whatever mode you want. It gives you more gold when compared to the RNG uncollected gold crystals. And plus rank up materials that would cost you more resources to attain. 750 7*shards a day. You get more from this than most eq or side quest in a month. Not to mention T4 alphas which you can’t find easily which swiping that card.

That's why when I explained I said I was Sigil to Play, not because I want to but because I CAN'T compete in arena without it.
    That's not a thing. You spend money, you are P2W. You can compete with P2W players, you are not playing from the perspetive of a F2P players

Its like free players wear a magic cape and a badge and feel special when all they do is complain about not getting stuff...

But yk what, The game won't notice a bit if you decide to quit or stop spending in the game.
    You act like you are the biggest spender in the game and the game is alive because of you.

Even the biggest whales like Usafa are ok with the ptw term cuz it means, They won something (game item) by paying some money to the game. They literally made a purchase.

You act like p2w players and whales are actually donating money for nothing in return, just for the welfare of the game. No, they don't care about kabam or buying their employees a cheeseburger. They want some game item, They don't have the time/patience to grind, but the money to buy it, So they are buying it.

You are just acting like that one rich MBA guy who yaps about capitalism and thinks giving free rations to poor people is the reason for economic hardship, Lol.
    You are not getting the point. I act the same way they F2L do. Oh yeah I am pretty sure when they say P2W they mean the item they won rofl, if you believe that you are as naive as they come. Lets add the sob replies they give after saying "Well I have a life, a family, obligatioms and bills" I am pretty sure they mean well when they reply that way rofl.
    I am not acting like a rich MBA guy, you want to know why? Because I am not starting responses as I am a spender I don't think F2L players should get stuff. I am replying to people who just complain about NOT getting stuff. People who believe getting free stuff will keep them competitive, and that is the biggest lie in the game. If they get stuff guess what? Spenders get it too there is no gap narrowing. They just want more stuff and use the gap as an excuse.
    True fact if 1000 spenders quit, the quality of game, service, and other stuff lowers. (are we seeing this right now? I think we are)
    Last time someone used that same term here on the forums, they ended up getting banned the same day. And they didn't shamed players as much as you are doing right now.

Wouldn't be surprised if you are the next one.
    So be it, I am not talking about every Free to play people, I am talking about the ones who use spenders to support their entitled arguments of getting more stuff, specially the ones who don't realize that getting more stuff means the spenders get it too.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,892 ★★★★★
    Pikolu said:

CesarSV7 said:

While I do disagree with a lot of his argument, (and agree with this stance because the game needs players, especially for BGs), going back to the base of the argument, not all spenders are pay to win. I imagine a lot of spenders who only spend during like J4 and Cyber weekend, aren't spending to "win" the game. Some spenders are what I call "F2P" (Free to Pay). They have extra disposable income and choose to spend it on the game to help support the game and get some cool stuff in return.
    P2w doesn't mean they are winning the game (read my full comment). No one can win any game just by spending, atleast not mcoc.

P2w means they paid for something, let's say a odin pack of units, and the "won" it. It just means they did a purchase and they got something. Winning here refers to winning the specific items or service, not winning the entire game or getting a edge over other players (atleast that's what I believe p2w players term means).

I don't think 99% of players spend with the intention of "yeah this game's nice let's support the developer by spending EVEN THOUGH I DIDN'T NEED THIS ITEM". They are just spending cuz they want a item.

Yeah you're right, no one's winning the game by spending, It's just that I don't think p2w is a degrotary term because it isn't.
  • tnair2015tnair2015 Member Posts: 116

Lol the solution is keeping both? ...Did you just write like 3 paragraphs to just say you want both events to run?

I still don't understand the argument or F2P players to stay competitive... F2P brings nothing to the table, people don't care if you can stay competitive or not.

imagine if all FTP players of MCOC stops playing and uninstalls game, will it affect MCOC in anyway ? If yes, then they certainly bring something to the table

CesarSV7 said:

Even I don't agree with this post. I'm not against pay to play (Now this isn't offensive for you, is it?) Getting a edge over ftp players, since that's the whole point.

Your argument of ftp players are unnecessary to the game and it wouldn't affect the devs if they quit completely tomorrow itself is wrong. Every pay to player including whale started out as ftp.they enjoyed the ftp version of the game and they decided to pay for the game. If they make the ftp version completely trash, No one will play the game including the whales.

Also if they lock everything between paid contents, even casual spenders quit the game cuz they don't wanna pay for everything.

The game is friendly for both ftp and ptp players. Some people on both sides will always complain. But I believe most players are chill
    When did I say they were unnecessary?
    I said to stop the P2W BS, and don't try to put make up on a pig. People call spenders P2W as lack of skills and have to pay their way thru content or win matches. We don't "win" items, we buy them.
    If you are F2P and made it thru content, got your goals and continue playing the game good for you. I respect that, if you are F2P and all your going to do is blame spenders cause you can't get the same stuff and that's why you can't enjoy the game, well tough.
    tnair2015 said:

imagine if all FTP players of MCOC stops playing and uninstalls game, will it affect MCOC in anyway ? If yes, then they certainly bring something to the table
    Good point. Now imagine all spenders stop spending because everything F2P ask for is given and there is no point on spending...
  • tnair2015tnair2015 Member Posts: 116

tnair2015 said:

Good point. Now imagine all spenders stop spending because everything F2P ask for is given and there is no point on spending...
    I didnt ask to give everything FTP asks for so na, dont wanna imagine. Each and every players are relevant and brings something to table imo
    tnair2015 said:

tnair2015 said:

I didnt ask to give everything FTP asks for so na, dont wanna imagine. Each and every players are relevant and brings something to table imo
    Well I didn't ask them to stop playing...
  • StatureStature Member Posts: 428 ★★★

CesarSV7 said:

To be fair, you started pointing fingers at everyone and got hostile. I'd suggest you tone it down.
    To be fair, he just pointed out that the term P2W is offensive and people piled on saying bigger spenders haven't pushed back at the term. If you see the usage of the term in the forums, there is a strong implication that spenders are lesser skilled and somehow their progress in the game is less deserved. Just because only a few people are vocally against it doesn't mean that everyone else is ok with it.
  • ChobblyChobbly Member Posts: 935 ★★★★

tnair2015 said:

tnair2015 said:

Well I didn't ask them to stop playing...
    By the same token no one asked you to post in this thread either... :p

Joking aside, the truth is that the Super Daily Event was launched as a potential replacement for a number of timed events for all players.

Hiding it behind a paywall could be done but it would be seen as a unwelcome move by a large part of the community. A large part of the community that Kabam hopes to encourage to spend on the game. It would be a calculated risk.

I hope they don't. It's generated so much positivity in the community. The Sigil needs improving but it could be / should be something else entirely.

Stature said:

CesarSV7 said:

To be fair, you started pointing fingers at everyone and got hostile. I'd suggest you tone it down.
    To be fair, he just pointed out that the term P2W is offensive and people piled on saying bigger spenders haven't pushed back at the term. If you see the usage of the term in the forums, there is a strong implication that spenders are lesser skilled and somehow their progress in the game is less deserved. Just because only a few people are vocally against it doesn't mean that everyone else is ok with it.
    There is no where anything you said has ever been implied. Popcorn diverted what the OP's thread was about and started his own grievances. This isn't the place for it.
    My grievance? Did you read OPs post? Used the argument of being f2p (which he is not) and staying compentitive as a "F2P"....
    Maybe you should have told people to stop calling spenders P2W in the first place
  • CesarSV7CesarSV7 Member Posts: 66
    Conclusion
    Super Daily Event affects FTP/ STP players who grind contant daily in order to try to close the roaster gap between spenders, and try to stay somewhat COMPETITIVE in Mcoc game modes.
    Yes, it has T4A fragments and 5% T6cc but spenders also have EASY access to it by doing 3 daily BG matches while our grinding resources are reduced by more than half.

Proposal
    Keep both events.
    Gold, solo crystal shards and Boosts for 7h and 22h solo events. The rest of the rewards for Super Daily Event (T4A fragments, t6cc catalyst, revives, potions, 4h crystals, etc).

Note
    I am not against spenders or whales, they are the reason why we can have fun and keep playing Mcoc as FTP. This post is made to make awareness of the impact of how some events affects it's non spender players and if this keeps going, some may stop playing competitively or quit the game.

This is the final part of my post.
    1) I clearly mention I have NOTHING against spenders. I have good friends that are spenders and they are awesome human beings. I would never use the term to degrade someone.
    2) I made a PROPOSAL to Kabam that suites both sides, including myself as a grinder. I see many of you don't understand but what I get in return with solo crystal shards and HOURS of grinding are more than 20+ featured champs. I open 6* crystals at 10k over 15k not needing to open featurds. More crystals= more shards, more sigs, more 7* shards, more Titan, etc. For me solo crystal shards have MORE VALUE.
    3) The reason I created this post is because SDE affects my account as stp and probably other GRINDERS as well. If I can't grind or compete in arenas because they're reducing my farmed resources by more than half how do I compete with accounts double my size? Answer is I DONT and for me that is a problem not being able to compete in this game. If I can't compete, I stop buying Sigil and most likely quit the game.
  • CesarSV7CesarSV7 Member Posts: 66
    The ONLY game mode that allows non or low spenders a CHANCE to compete in this game is ARENA. And by competing I mean an actual chance to earn relevant rewards based on hours played and hard work within a reasonable timeline which can be used in other game mods like BGs.

1) You earn the featured champ with a $100 purchase.
    2) You earn featured champ with 3 day nonstop grind + great amounts of hours spent to farm grinding resources (solo crystal shards). Also need to use other resources earned in game like energy, rank up mats, gold, etc to complete some of those 7h and 22h events.

Option 1 is guaranteed, option 2 isn't guaranteed because you still have to compete with Thousands of players that in my case will most likely have a larger account therefore, make more rounds which equals more points in less time. And if that weren't enough, they can decide to speed their champs by using units to refresh their champs cool down time.

But still, their is a chance to compete although by no means players are playing the game mode under same circumstances.

BGs example

Spenders
    Within a 90 day timeline (time it takes for new champs to get added to featured crystals) may have purchased 3 champs. Let's say Serpent, Bullseye and Ounslought. Spenders have the following advantage:

A) New Champs in decks
    B) Bigger roaster for meta
    C) Higher ranked champs
    D) More and higher ranked Relics

The game mode itself rewards not loosing HP and how fast you finish the fight. Let's say my opponents now have 15 r3 7* which we all know those champs have more HP and more attack values. If they decide to use rerolls add that to the equation.

Non spenders

A) Don't have new champs
    B) Have limited roaster for meta
    C) Lower ranked champs
    D) Limited relic roaster and lower ranked

Their defenders will have less HP and their attackers will have less attack values. Add challenger rating difference and combat Power difference, both affect Time and HP.

You guys still think BGs is a Competitive game Mode? We are playing handicapped.
  • jcphillips7jcphillips7 Member Posts: 1,381 ★★★★
    KTPrimal said:

Vanitelia said:

Paying to win an item? That's is a minimizing statement if I have ever read one. P2W is offensive. I spend in the game because I enjoy playing the game. I have a FT job, I'm a dad, I enjoy spending time away from an iPad/iPhone.

MCOC requires currency from everyone. For most, it's time, for both players who spend and who don't. It's what the majority of us weigh when making a decision on whether to grind arena or pick up an offer. "Do I have time to grind for the featured champ this week or should I pick up the pre-release bundle." "Is this champ worthy of either?" Questions can go on and on.

The moment people start interjecting labels for the "other" side, it evokes a negative response. The data could have been the sole basis for the benefits of the Daily Super Event and the 22hr/7hr events. Do the calculations, put it in a post, and say that there are significantly more benefit to the 22/7 events than the Daily Super one.

I thought the DSE was great. I didn't feel like I had to focus on any one area of the game to get the rewards. It offered variety. For me, the rank 3 mats were more valuable than another 7*. With the prevalence of shards in the game, the sig stones and forming a crystal weren't as important. We had a choice, just like we have when deciding to spend or grind.

In fact p2w players collude to avoid other p2w players, alliances, guilds, kingdoms, servers, etc. Because they're not spending to be bigger than other p2w, they definitely don't spend to support the game. They spend to be stronger than non spenders. Whenever big spenders meet up and slug it out its always a big deal because big spenders avoid wallet wars.
    I feel the majority of this is contradictory to what this community actually is, though. To be competitive at all levels of this game, you're pretty much forced to spend. Highly doubt there's any true F2P in Masters alliances. And those of us who spend are spending to be bigger than our competition who are doing the same thing. And the competitive modes of this game indeed have you slugging it out, because that's the design of those modes. Regardless of skill, if you've got a weak roster and don't spend to change that, "sorry lil bro, you can go chill with the amateur league. This is top dog territory." Even someone as skilled as MSD still spends. Because that's the only way to stay relevant amongst your peers.