Super Daily Event AFFECTS FTP

Comments

• CesarSV7CesarSV7 Member Posts: 66
    @DNA3000 I strongly believe that what Kabam is doing with SDE is trying to engage new players and smaller accounts into playing this game while granting easier access to rewards to uptime their progression and help them stay competitive in all game areas with their similar pears. If so, I understand it and I think it's an awesome thing to do for them and for the game. Everyone else is a side effect of this intention, which at the same time are being rewarded according to their progression level while trying to help players have an easier and more rewarding time in game experience.

If I am wrong let me know.

However this strongly affects players like me and that is why I propose both events to stay in game, all sides win. Who ever wants to grind 7h and 22h solo events can and those who don't care about the grind can decide not to participate.

CesarSV7 said:

This is my current stash, I have not opened a single 7* for 6 months, waiting for Red Skull, Ounslought and Bullseye Titan pool to go into Basic Crystals. I can do this because I can grind their 6* versions in arena and take them to R6 while using them competitively.

So let me get this straight.. you can wait for 6 months to wait for a chance on 3 champions out of a pool of what? 100+ by now?; but you can't wait for 3 months to pull a 6* and not have to enslave yourself in arenas...
    NOOOOO because if I don't have the 6* versions of new champs I can not use them competitively for 3 months in order to push for top rankings while waiting to pull their 7* versions.

It's called strategy. It's kind of unnecessary to have to explain this stuff at this point of the conversation. Any player who pushes for top rankings understands this.

CesarSV7 said:

CesarSV7 said:

This is my current stash, I have not opened a single 7* for 6 months, waiting for Red Skull, Ounslought and Bullseye Titan pool to go into Basic Crystals. I can do this because I can grind their 6* versions in arena and take them to R6 while using them competitively.

So let me get this straight.. you can wait for 6 months to wait for a chance on 3 champions out of a pool of what? 100+ by now?; but you can't wait for 3 months to pull a 6* and not have to enslave yourself in arenas...
    NOOOOO because if I don't have the 6* versions of new champs I can not use them competitively for 3 months in order to push for top rankings while waiting to pull their 7* versions.

It's called strategy. It's kind of unnecessary to have to explain this stuff at this point of the conversation. Any player who pushes for top rankings understands this.
    I completely understand your logic, it just make sense at release though. I mean 2 of your sought after champs are Onslaught and Bulleye, by the time you get them 7, almost everyone at a competitive level knows how to fight them. Onlsaught is not the defensive beast he was at release, Bullseye seems like he will be nerfed by the time you get him 7*....
    On the contrary, this gives me time enough to know if a champion will be buffed or nerfed and fully understand their kits. Also I am not only after those 3 champs, they are a good addition to the pool and that's why I wait in order to have a chance at them. Any new champ is awesome for me because I am an arena grinder, I'm also after some dupes which may not be priority because I have the 6* versions, etc.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Member Posts: 5,570 ★★★★★

Buttehrs said:

Chobbly said:

Kabam if you are reading this please bring back the super event behind a paywall, I don't mind paying an extra monthly fee (a reasonable one of course) to get that event unlocked.
    Also test having ads every 6 fights, maybe that way free players can be a bit grateful about how the game works.

Respectfully, no.

This was clearly stated and intended as a potential replacement for the existing timer events in the game for all players. Not just those who are free to play, spend a bit or spend a lot. Everyone.

This change benefits all players and to try and cut some players out of it is wrong. And the leeches comment backs that up sadly - if I was a new player who read that I'd wonder what the heck I'd just downloaded.

To echo @DNA3000 's sentiments, well worded as always, we can do better than this as a community.
    I was being sarcastic.
    The leeches comment, yeah it was harsh I get it; but sometimes its the only way they can understand how entitled they are.
    I mean people got on me for calling them leeches and called Pay to win to a guy who buys the sigil rofl. Yeah that's gonna make him win A LOT.
    They even pointed it out, as if he was trying to infiltrate this extremely exclusive fraternity of F2P players and require a bloodline of pure breed non spending legacies. Oh no you sigil spender you will never be a F2P!!!; but I am the bad guy for calling them leeches.
    To be completely honest here, the whole leeches comment is really disrespectful. Sure, there are definitely some ftp players that are leeches. It happens. But there are many many more ftp players out there that do put in their fair share of work for the game. Not just in game but for the community as well. Peole.who create infograpics. Help others complete content etc etc. Heck, take a look at alliances too for that matter. 30 people in an alliance. Let's say 2-3 are spenders maybe even big time spenders. They still won't get far when it comes to alliance events and rewards if those ftp done pull their own weight too. So before anyone Complains about the other half of a gaming community, aka spending vs non spending, remember you need both.
    Why do they get to say that people like me pay to win so freely?
    And please don't give me this story about people putting their work and stuff, they do it for their own personal benefit to off set not spending, they are not really doing favors to the community. The same way that I am not doing any favors by spending.
    except that they are. It's Like i said already, an alliance has 30 people and outside those top alliances, how many out of the 30 actually spend? But they still want decent rewards for a season of aw bgs etc. How's that gonna happen? Oh yeah those 20-25 other free to play players gotta make it happen. Or they find new alliances. Take your pick.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,301 Guardian
    CesarSV7 said:

@DNA3000 I strongly believe that what Kabam is doing with SDE is trying to engage new players and smaller accounts into playing this game while granting easier access to rewards to uptime their progression and help them stay competitive in all game areas with their similar pears. If so, I understand it and I think it's an awesome thing to do for them and for the game. Everyone else is a side effect of this intention, which at the same time are being rewarded according to their progression level while trying to help players have an easier and more rewarding time in game experience.

If I am wrong let me know.

However this strongly affects players like me and that is why I propose both events to stay in game, all sides win. Who ever wants to grind 7h and 22h solo events can and those who don't care about the grind can decide not to participate.

Both the previous events and the Super Daily are primarily intended to be an engagement tool, or tools. They are intended to encourage players to play the game. The older events were designed with the intent to try to direct players’ attention throughout the game, so that different activities were incentivized and rewarded. The Super Daily in my opinion was intended to express a different idea: that the game has grown enough over the years that the original sentiment of “encourage players to play different parts of the game at different times” was perhaps obsolete, and the focus should be more on general engagement, with more choice left in the players’ hands as to what to do. This better meshes with the notion that the game has something for everyone, but too much for most players to do literally everything.

Because they recognize that asking players to do everything is a huge burden, it isn’t something they should be rewarding except in special circumstances (like the 7* Deathless champs, which are end game pursuit goals). So the Super Daily is, in my opinion, an attempt to say “we used to ask you to try out everything, now we’re just asking you to try some things, which ever ones you like the most.”

As a separate issue, having a dozen or more different events with different rewards means it takes a lot more work to adjust or update them. Economy designers can’t just arbitrarily change stuff, it all is intended to work together in an overall game economy budget. So they have to be cognizant of what the overall reward funnel is to players for all of those events on average, which requires a lot of data mining and calculations to determine for balance purposes. Having a single event with a single set of rewards means it is a lot easier for the devs to figure out how much of those rewards are actually getting into plkayers hands, how active players are and even whether players are being more active to get those rewards. It allows them to more easily tweak those rewards for progression and to respond to changes in the overall game over time.

So the overall idea of the Daily Super Event was (in my opinion): combine all of the disparate engagement incentives into a single event that would simultaneously be easier for them to manage, provide more options for the players to engage with, and be easier for everyone to know who’s getting what.
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,301 ★★★★★
    edited July 25
    Buttehrs said:

Buttehrs said:

Chobbly said:

Kabam if you are reading this please bring back the super event behind a paywall, I don't mind paying an extra monthly fee (a reasonable one of course) to get that event unlocked.
    Also test having ads every 6 fights, maybe that way free players can be a bit grateful about how the game works.

Respectfully, no.

This was clearly stated and intended as a potential replacement for the existing timer events in the game for all players. Not just those who are free to play, spend a bit or spend a lot. Everyone.

This change benefits all players and to try and cut some players out of it is wrong. And the leeches comment backs that up sadly - if I was a new player who read that I'd wonder what the heck I'd just downloaded.

To echo @DNA3000 's sentiments, well worded as always, we can do better than this as a community.
    I was being sarcastic.
    The leeches comment, yeah it was harsh I get it; but sometimes its the only way they can understand how entitled they are.
    I mean people got on me for calling them leeches and called Pay to win to a guy who buys the sigil rofl. Yeah that's gonna make him win A LOT.
    They even pointed it out, as if he was trying to infiltrate this extremely exclusive fraternity of F2P players and require a bloodline of pure breed non spending legacies. Oh no you sigil spender you will never be a F2P!!!; but I am the bad guy for calling them leeches.
    To be completely honest here, the whole leeches comment is really disrespectful. Sure, there are definitely some ftp players that are leeches. It happens. But there are many many more ftp players out there that do put in their fair share of work for the game. Not just in game but for the community as well. Peole.who create infograpics. Help others complete content etc etc. Heck, take a look at alliances too for that matter. 30 people in an alliance. Let's say 2-3 are spenders maybe even big time spenders. They still won't get far when it comes to alliance events and rewards if those ftp done pull their own weight too. So before anyone Complains about the other half of a gaming community, aka spending vs non spending, remember you need both.
    And please don't give me this story about people putting their work and stuff, they do it for their own personal benefit to off set not spending, they are not really doing favors to the community. The same way that I am not doing any favors by spending.
    except that they are. It's Like i said already, an alliance has 30 people and outside those top alliances, how many out of the 30 actually spend? But they still want decent rewards for a season of aw bgs etc. How's that gonna happen? Oh yeah those 20-25 other free to play players gotta make it happen. Or they find new alliances. Take your pick.
    We are not really debating their contribution ingame though. I have yet to see an alliance mate of mine tell me that I am a P2W in a pejorative way they do in the forums rofl.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Member Posts: 5,570 ★★★★★

Buttehrs said:

Buttehrs said:

Chobbly said:

Respectfully, no.

I was being sarcastic.
    We are not really debating their contribution ingame though. I have yet to see an alliance mate of mine tell me that I am a P2W in a pejorative way they do in the forums rofl.
    I mean it's the forums. People say stuff that don't make sense half the time.
    Pikolu said:

@BringPopcorn @Buttehrs that discussion has gone on long enough, let's leave it rest please and thank you.

Ok
  • DorkyDorky Member Posts: 337
    And I wanted to further the discussion lol
    DNA3000 said:

CesarSV7 said:

DNA3000 said:

CesarSV7 said:

DNA3000 said:

CesarSV7 said:

How does Super Daily Event affect FTP/STP through arena grinding?
    Simple, we will have to reduce the amount of lower star level champs ranked for the grind, we won't be able to boost every match of our 3 day grind (9h per day minimum) or our champions, making us UNABLE TO COMPETE for a featured champion and maybe for upcoming 7* arenas.

First of all, only 400-800 players actually earn the featured champ, out of the tens of thousands of arena grinders and hundreds of thousands of players. This sort of impact would be trivial, and focused on players who need the least amount of help, assuming the impact was actually material in the first place.

Second, while the Daily Super Event does have less gold, that's largely compensated for by the gold and ISO in the Traders Outpost. I can't imagine any player concerned about gold not taking advantage of that option. It is progression sensitive, but for Valiant players that's an additional 3 million gold per week, or about 12 million gold per month. The net impact of the Outpost offers and the switch to the Super Daily was still net positive for gold.

Third, absolutely no one grinding at the level you claim to be should have any problems with gold, even if they were not specifically targeting featured champs. You would need to be doing hundreds of rounds of arena every cycle to hit the featured champ every single time, as you claim to be doing. That is millions more gold. Ever since I became an arena grinder, I have never had an issue with gold. Which was about seven years ago.

Fourth, your arena points are based on a base rarity bonus plus 25% of your own PI plus 30% of opponent PI plus a synergy bonus. So a 15% attack bonus would be increasing your points by significantly less than 15% of 25% of maybe 50%-60%. So like maybe 1-2%. They would also speed you up slightly, but most arena fights are over quickly enough that overhead significantly dilute fight speed increases.

The gold thing would have been a problem absent the Outpost additions (I even pointed it out to the devs initially), but my own experience is that nope, in the context of the Outpost offer it doesn't really matter. The boost thing matters a little, but in the specific context of what players can achieve in the arena, the temperature of their phones probably matter more. And outside of the arena few players actually need that many attack boosts.

Also, you're going to have to explain how you are capable of snagging literally every single featured champ (minus one, as you claim) in the arenas and still have enough time to max out all the 22hr and 7hr solo events to actually get all those rewards, since you are comparing the maximum possible rewards from solo events to the Super Daily. That comparison is only relevant to players who were originally get all or nearly all of them. As an arena grinder, I know it was possible to get most of them for a high activity player. But not all of them.
    From my perspective, the impact isn't material, it's actually based on not having an option to compete in this game by taking away the grinding resources even though I invest hundreds of hours to achieve this.

Traders outpost does have a 300k gold bundles as you state, however I also need rank up mats and sig stones so I choose to buy out bundles 4 & 5. I have to choose between one or another. With the 7h and 22h solo events I get the gold, no need to choose between bundle 6.
    What did you do before the Traders outpost existed? If those bundles are absolutely necessary, what did you do before you could buy those? The traders outpost hasn’t been out all that long.

Side quests did not usually provide the same level of resource targeting consistently. Now that you have the choice to buy cats or gold or a mix of both, you’re choosing to go al-in on cats and avoid gold altogether. Isn’t it possible that this decision has as much to do with your gold shortage as the Super Daily? Before the outpost, you would have essentially been *forced* to get at least some gold most months from the side quest. You are apparently choosing to no longer get that gold.
    I think we are not understanding each other.
    I am a valiant player who likes strategy, only buys sigil offer and has fun while trying to be competitive, meaning being able to push for #1 rankings. I try to have a good understanding of the game, champs, kits, masteries, nodes and everything related to the game. I care less to be competitive at Uru level for example, that is not challenging and therefore not fun to me.

How can I as a player stay competitive in Mcoc game modes without spending or only spending on sigil? By grinding out all content in game. Meaning aquiring all extra resources for free that my spending opponents don't because they either don't have the time, or don't care to grind. SDE doesn't help with this because spenders can EASILY aquire same rewards as me by playing 3 BG matches. On the other hand, 7h and 22h solo events will because my spending opponents don't play those events.

Also, arena grinding is the best source to accomplish that because you can earn featured champs after a small time from their release and play them on Mcoc game modes without having to wait 3 months or spend $100 on them. You can buy basic crystals at 10k rather than 15k value because you don't need featured champs anymore. With 100k shards I can dupe 10 champs with basics and gain 2,750 7* shards rather than opening 6 featureds, duping them and only gaining 1,650 7* shards (this not adding extra shards from max sig level crystals). I can also aquire units and battlechips from that grind that can be used on Events like July 4th or Cyberweekend in order to close the gap between roasters. It also gives me extra gold for all my rankings

I am a player that knows how to manage the resources of this game well enough, that plays with strategy and understands the value of things when buying at store currencies.

How does Super Daily Event help solve my problem of closing the roaster gap between spenders in order to stay competitive rather than the 7h and 22h solo events?

It doesn't, It takes away the resources I use to grind arena, I can't compete for featured champs, eliminates my strategy for roaster building and takes away the ONLY chance I have in game to stay competitive in mcoc game modes.
    I think this is a matter of degree, and a matter of perspective.

First of all, you don’t have to convince me of the merits of arena grinding. I’ve written the book on the subject, literally. But as to the event structure itself, I think you’re overestimating the impact of the change. I get that under the Super Daily event structure it is easier to get more rewards, and thus more players are getting more rewards, and this acts to neutralize any advantage a player might had had grinding the original events. But in competitive terms, that advantage was very small to begin with. For example, most of the gold in the 22hr and 7hr events was contained in gold crystals, not in direct gold rewards. I haven’t opened a single gold crystal in years. I buy them, I earn them, I collect them, but I do not actually open them. So the vast majority of the gold I was earning in the 22hr and 7hr events I was not even using, because I still have it.

A lot of the stuff you’re saying you could earn as a strategic advantage just isn’t what I would consider a big advantage, and I am someone that pays very close attention to resource management. The advantage of being an arena grinder itself represents the majority of the existing advantage that an active player would be earning compared to a less active player. In fact, I’m hoping you are grinding all of the arena milestones on top of grinding for the featured (although I don’t know anyone who does that on any sustained basis) because going after the featured at the expense of leaving 75% of the units in the arena still on the table would be a strategic error in my opinion. In any case, while I acknowledge this shifts the relative balance of reward earning, in my opinion it doesn’t shift it enough to be the difference between “being competitive” and not being competitive.

As to perspective. You say you joined when 6*R2 was already a thing. I’m assuming 6*R3 wasn’t really a thing, or you would have said that instead. So we are talking about early 2020, or somewhere in the vicinity. That means you have been the beneficiary of a lot of changes designed to make it easier for new players to catch up in the game. For one thing, the very arenas you grind are a change which had the long term net effect of making it easier to grind for 6* champs. You would have had no chance under the previous iteration of the arenas. You’re leveled up in a revamped game with a much easier leveling curve, with more progressional content, with a much higher reward curve. People have been complaining that the game has been getting too easy for as long as players have been complaining that it is too hard. Once upon a time the only way to get T4CC in any reasonable quantity was to be in a top prestige alliance. Changing that meant that the players who worked so hard to achieve top prestige suddenly found a lot of that effort instantly devalued. The lower tiers of the game used to be a lot more grindy, we didn’t always have the agency we have now for rewards (things like the Glory store for example, and now the Outpost). You’re only in the position to be competitive in the way you are because the game evolved to make the things that held the strongest advantages lose their grip. I’ve been here since 2015, but I have no ability or opportunity to use those extra five years to keep you down. I have some advantage, but its not an overwhelming one and it depreciates every day.

You’re probably going to be fine. But to the extent that the game makes things easier for other players and takes away an advantage you’ve constructed for yourself, you need to recognize you’re only here because that same thing was done to the players before you. No one gets to sit back and relax and keep their advantages forever. Something will come along to change the game, and as you will have to adapt, so did those before you, to make room for you. To be competitive is to be a problem solver. If the Super Daily becomes a permanent fixture, and most players probably hope it does, it will help far more players than it hurts, and we all will need to adapt to that new normal.

And no, Kabam is not going to keep both the Super Daily and the other events running concurrently. There’s no chance for that happening.

I am not that worried about gold rather solo crystal shards. We went from 9mil possible obtainment to 3.3m with SDE.

• The advantage of being an arena grinder itself represents the majority of the existing advantage that an active player would be earning compared to a less active player

• I do grind all milestones while grinding for featureds and also boost myself for that to uptime my grind.

• The change to arenas I understand but at the same time I was "forced" to buy Sigil in order to stay competitive do to the loading times it provides. I have bought the sigil for 1 1/2 years, since that change. Otherwise I would have not earned many of those champs.

• The position I'm in thanks to the reward curve from those changes you explain are in great part thanks to all the grinding I have done in 1 1/2 years: All EQ levels, SQ, Incursion Levels, Arena milestones, Featured Champs, etc. Before I started grinding, I didn't play any of that content including Acts. I stayed at Thronebreaker progression based for 4 of the 5 1/2 years I've been playing mcoc. Reason was because I was leader of an AW focused alliance and was assigning 3bg for each war in top Platinum 1, therefore I had no time to play anything but alliance based content like AQ. In other words, the account I have accomplished right now in most part has been in a 1 1/2 year time period thanks to grinding while being Sigil to Play. I had 8 r3 6* champs, 5 for defense 3 for attack and played map 8 AQ with 4*s. Also never played Battlegrounds since it's release until 1 1/2 years ago.

I am trying to be competitive and solve all these changes but from where I'm standing, it looks harder and harder.

1) July 4th and Cyberweekend events have increased 50% their total reward cost from 18k to 36k with no extra content that provides free units since that change. People may say Double Track Event provides units and it's free, yes and it's also a wallet option which increases the raoster gap and by no means provides the amount of units to sustain the top events cost.

2) We've seen the release of more events like Omega days which also has a 36k unit cost to buy out. This also increases the raoster gap between spenders.

3) Mcoc game modes like AQ and Raids have their top ranks based on Spending. There is NO way a non spending alliance can compete for top spots. And top alliances recruiting by prestige base, makes a free player or very low spender like myself unable to compete.

4) AW also has their top ranks based off spending. You need a big roaster, to fully boost yourself and a big investment in health potions which primarily are obtained with units for every match to minimize death probability and if by any means there was a chance for a FTP alliance to compete by somehow having the 30 best skilled members in mcoc history, TIME is now a factor that even with 0 deaths you loose because you can't compete with opponents time do to not being boosted as heavily. Plus most top alliances also ask for prestige.

5) Battlegrounds suffers the same impact as last 2 mcoc game modes because you need to buy HUGE amounts of elder marks in order to make alliance minimums which are also obtained with units. I've placed #1 with my alliance and free elders givin through game are not enough.

All this affects the amount of rewards a FTP/STP can achieve in mcoc. UNITS are the games most valued currency and it's tied back on ALL of its game areas including arenas. If 7* arenas ever come out they will most likely come as a top 100 format like 6*s used to be.

You even mentioned Brian being in a top AW alliance (Great youtuber btw). How long after becoming FTP was he able to stay in that competitive spot? Or maybe he was just overwhelmed by all he had to do in order to stay in that position as FTP that he decided to chill.

As you said previously, "SDE neutralizes any advantage a player would have had by grinding previous events". Which also affects arena grinding.... I am not so sure I will be fine like you say, actually I am worried.
    July 4th and Cyberweekend events have increased 100% their total cost, not 50%.
    CesarSV7 said:

• I do grind all milestones while grinding for featureds and also boost myself for that to uptime my grind.

1) July 4th and Cyberweekend events have increased 50% their total reward cost from 18k to 36k with no extra content that provides free units since that change. People may say Double Track Event provides units and it's free, yes and it's also a wallet option which increases the raoster gap and by no means provides the amount of units to sustain the top events cost.

If you are grinding all the milestones, that is 1080 units per week, 56160 units per year just from the milestones. Separate from that, if you are grinding something on the order of 700-800 rounds per cycle to get both the milestones and target the featured champ, you should be averaging an additional 2000 units or so from battlechips every two to three weeks. That's at least 35000 units per year from arena crystals. That's 91000 units per year from just arena grinding alone. That does not include the units in the EQ or the calendar or from special sources like the double track event. Adding all those sources together, you should be earning at least 100,000 units per year.
    DNA3000 said:

CesarSV7 said:

If you are grinding all the milestones, that is 1080 units per week, 56160 units per year just from the milestones. Separate from that, if you are grinding something on the order of 700-800 rounds per cycle to get both the milestones and target the featured champ, you should be averaging an additional 2000 units or so from battlechips every two to three weeks. That's at least 35000 units per year from arena crystals. That's 91000 units per year from just arena grinding alone. That does not include the units in the EQ or the calendar or from special sources like the double track event. Adding all those sources together, you should be earning at least 100,000 units per year.
    You're right bro, I have done the math before and it's a little bit less but close to 100k a year. Keep in mind that I play those 800 rounds if I am able to compete for the featured champ thanks to 7h and 22h events, If they take it down I can't compete, stop buying sigil and numbers drop down considerably. Why? Simply because I'll take more time to grind arenas and would have no purpose to go beyond minimum also leading to 60 rounds instead of 800.

However let's breakdown that unit usage.

There's no way I can compete for prestige so lets take AW and AQ out of the equation. That leaves us with Battlegrounds. To make #1 spot you need a lot more than 1m points per member but let's be kind and say 1m is enough.

These are the Elders we receive for free

• Playing 5 matches at the start of the season = 2.1k Elders.
    • From Diamond 5 to Diamond 1 = 1.1k
    Elders
    • Alliance Milestones = 3k

Total Elders received for free = 6.2k Elders
    Let's say we are one of the best BG players, hardly ever loose and have 90% win ratio. 6.2k divided by 90 elders that take to play every match we get 69 matches rounded up. Out of those 69 matches we can get 507,150 points. We are still missing points, let's see how many Units we need to spend in order to buy elders...

Every 315 Elder Marks costs 135 units. We need 67 more wins which means another 6,030 Elder Marks. 6030 divided by 315 that's 19 bundles rounded down. So 19 X 135 units = 2565 units spent. Now let's add 10% unit increase of this number to get that 90% win ratio rather than 100%. Units spent for 1 season = 2,821.

Let's say we play 9 seasons a year and take 3 months off due to 1 week off season in between. We need
    25,389 units a year while playing at 90% win ratio with Elder Marks.

Final Breakdown

• July 4th = 36k
    • Cyberweekend= 36k
    • 1 year BG at competitive alliance play = 25,389 units

That's 97,389 units spent in total
    As an arena grinder with suicide mastery decks, you often need to swap masteries in order to take some content like Sos that demands throwing specials and using champs that are not suicide friendly. As a competitve BG player I often have to change masteries according to current season meta.

There goes the 100k units earned by hard non stop grinding in all game areas for a year. Hours and hours of hard work for Two mcoc events and 1 alliance based game mode.

Note: I can't spend units on any kind of potion, revives, boosts or energy for other alliance game modes like AW, AQ or Raids in order to make the unit budget. I can't spend units on any content released including everest content like Necropolis, Sos, Carina Challenges, etc. Let's not even talk about Valentine or Deadpool's Offers, Omega Days, Caps Commissary, Banquet, etc.

Same question asked... How can I stay competitive in Mcoc as STP if arenas is the only event that helps close the gap and they're taking away that grinding option buy removing 7h and 22h events?

This was last months EQ grinding, it's the same every month.
  • GamerGamer Member Posts: 10,694 ★★★★★
    CesarSV7 said:

It okay to take a step down and honestly if you have to spend sigil to stay relatively safe then something wrong you shouldn’t pay for it.
    Gamer said:

CesarSV7 said:

It okay to take a step down and honestly if you have to spend sigil to stay relatively safe then something wrong you shouldn’t pay for it.
    That's my thought bro, I've been working so hard on building my roaster for 1 1/2 years and you can't imagine the impact SDE would do to my account. I am not saying it's a bad event and that's what people don't understand. I've tried to explain myself here on forums so that Kabam can aknowledge the engagement a person that hardly spends on this game has in order to stay competitive

I can keep sharing all these. I have grinded all featured champs since buying the sigil when Adam Warlock was released and I've only missed 1 which was Destroyer by 3m points. Maybe if I would have boosted a bit more on some of those rounds I would have earned him. Solo crystals shards are grindable in 7h and 22h events at a 3-1 rate compared to SDE and my farming opponents don't grind these shards which give Boosts. This is the impact those shards have in my account, I can use all these champs a week after their release in BGs if I decide to rank them up and don't have the need to spend for them.
    CesarSV7 said:

Same question asked... How can I stay competitive in Mcoc as STP if arenas is the only event that helps close the gap and they're taking away that grinding option buy removing 7h and 22h events?

Honestly, at this point you aren’t asking a general question about competitiveness. You’re asking how you can continue to do exactly the same things with no change in anything you get and also no change in anything anyone else gets either You need to make sure no one else gets any advantages in either arena or any other rewards. And you’re saying 100k units a year isn’t enough because you need to burn units on marks, because a “competitive player” needs to score at least a million points in BG. This is a very specific, and I wouldn’t be surprised if it was explicitly unique, definition of competitiveness.

The answer to your question is: you shouldn’t expect to stay competitive by that definition. No one should ever expect to even *become* competitive in this game at all by that definition. The problem is your definition of competitiveness is completely unique to your circumstances. I would not be surprised it there was not a single other player in the game that both did everything you do exactly the way you do it and expected exactly precisely the same results as you. But you’re saying very marginal changes to the rewards you get and the rewards everyone else gets completely shatters your game play strategy.

When I was playing MMOs, I used to be a min/maxer. I would say you are an extremal min/maxer. And what min/maxers needed to learn back then is game developers do not, and never will design for you. What you’re doing is laudable, but game designers have to look out for the vast majority of players. Players like you - and honestly, I should include myself on there; players like us - can and should take take of themselves. As I said, compared to literally everyone else in the game, you’re going to be fine. You’re already squeezing 99.99% of the toothpaste out of the tube. The devs are not going to lose sleep over whether you can get the last 0.01%, even if that 0.01% is the dividing line between “competitive” and “not competitive” to you.
    CesarSV7 said:

I can keep sharing all these. I have grinded all featured champs since buying the sigil when Adam Warlock was released and I've only missed 1 which was Destroyer by 3m points. Maybe if I would have boosted a bit more on some of those rounds I would have earned him. Solo crystals shards are grindable in 7h and 22h events at a 3-1 rate compared to SDE and my farming opponents don't grind these shards which give Boosts. This is the impact those shards have in my account, I can use all these champs a week after their release in BGs if I decide to rank them up and don't have the need to spend for them.

What those pictures tell me is that it is extremely unlikely that you would have lost a single one of those champs had you not used attack boosts. Not even Onslaught.
  • GamerGamer Member Posts: 10,694 ★★★★★
    edited July 26
    DNA3000 said:

CesarSV7 said:

What those pictures tell me is that it is extremely unlikely that you would have lost a single one of those champs had you not used attack boosts. Not even Onslaught.
    Even without the sigil he be fine regardless.
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,211 ★★★★★
    CesarSV7 said:

Gamer said:

CesarSV7 said:

That's my thought bro, I've been working so hard on building my roaster for 1 1/2 years and you can't imagine the impact SDE would do to my account. I am not saying it's a bad event and that's what people don't understand. I've tried to explain myself here on forums so that Kabam can aknowledge the engagement a person that hardly spends on this game has in order to stay competitive
    I think we can imagine the impact the SDE would have on your account, because it would be minuscule. You're just trying to find a problem where there isn't one which is what you don't understand. If everyone here is telling you that something is red and you continue to say "no it's actually blue" i think it might be time to reconsider your stance on the matter
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Member Posts: 2,653 ★★★★★
    Don't see why you are required to conflate competitive F2P accounts with arena grinding. Either use some metrics to show that arena grinding is necessary, change your premise to include all F2P competitive players (which is not a 1:1 equivalence to arena grinders), or just say that this impacts arena grinders particularly and continue on from there.
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,211 ★★★★★

Don't see why you are required to conflate competitive F2P accounts with arena grinding. Either use some metrics to show that arena grinding is necessary, change your premise to include all F2P competitive players (which is not a 1:1 equivalence to arena grinders), or just say that this impacts arena grinders particularly and continue on from there.

That would require an iq level that op obviously does not have
    DNA3000 said:

CesarSV7 said:

Honestly, at this point you aren’t asking a general question about competitiveness. You’re asking how you can continue to do exactly the same things with no change in anything you get and also no change in anything anyone else gets either You need to make sure no one else gets any advantages in either arena or any other rewards. And you’re saying 100k units a year isn’t enough because you need to burn units on marks, because a “competitive player” needs to score at least a million points in BG. This is a very specific, and I wouldn’t be surprised if it was explicitly unique, definition of competitiveness.

The answer to your question is: you shouldn’t expect to stay competitive by that definition. No one should ever expect to even *become* competitive in this game at all by that definition. The problem is your definition of competitiveness is completely unique to your circumstances. I would not be surprised it there was not a single other player in the game that both did everything you do exactly the way you do it and expected exactly precisely the same results as you. But you’re saying very marginal changes to the rewards you get and the rewards everyone else gets completely shatters your game play strategy.

When I was playing MMOs, I used to be a min/maxer. I would say you are an extremal min/maxer. And what min/maxers needed to learn back then is game developers do not, and never will design for you. What you’re doing is laudable, but game designers have to look out for the vast majority of players. Players like you - and honestly, I should include myself on there; players like us - can and should take take of themselves. As I said, compared to literally everyone else in the game, you’re going to be fine. You’re already squeezing 99.99% of the toothpaste out of the tube. The devs are not going to lose sleep over whether you can get the last 0.01%, even if that 0.01% is the dividing line between “competitive” and “not competitive” to you.
    My question is related to how the game gives it's non/low spending players an opportunity to overcome the roaster gap created by all the pay benefits this game has in order to compete in top rankings.

My account build up, strategy process and reward obtainment serves as an example of how these players can precisely overcome to some extent that problem if they decide to grind all game areas.

I have no problem to adapt in this game. Asking that my opponents don't get any advantages isn't my point, if so, I would ask Kabam to stop offering deals which are pay benefits that widen the roaster gap. On the contrary, I am asking them to keep the non pay factors that can help us adapt to these circumstances in comparison to our spending opponents.

That is why SDE doesn't help solve this problematic and actually hurts more than it helps, it rewards both sides at the same level while reducing the non spending benefits of grinding. Even if they try to make rankings out of these new system, the impact would still prevail because there would be no need for them to grind outside the mcoc game modes they already spend to play.

My definition of competitiveness is to have the capacity to compete for top rankings in mcoc game modes. If you take away the resources that FTP players use to grind you also take away that capacity for them to compete in an already unbalanced game system.

I am a Sigil to Play player (STP), spends on nothing else except sigil. the Title says FTP because I know this situation affects the player base I'm in and therefore also affects the player base that don't spend at all.

This is not a post related about me, it's about a situation that affects a large player base in this game that I am part of. So to answer your comment, I am not asking the devs to design for me, I'm rather asking the company as a whole to consider this situation that affects thousands of players. I am just an example of what can be achieved with current grinding system.
    The ammount of mats wasted on 6* to "stay competitive" makes me wanna cry...