**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

15.0 Alliance Wars Update Discussion Thread

Comments

• Xthea9Xthea9 Posts: 829 ★★
    Another big change but I am happy , AQ and AW is the life of this game anything you change in these two makes us happy and excited.
    1. Size of the map is increased but u reduce the timer to 60 minutes ( we have to see if this is enough or not , else we have to be awake all night just to cover nodes for exploration)
    2. 5 mini bosses - I don't mind fighting mini bosses doesn't care about the numbers but considering all the changes, do you think having 3 attackers would be sufficient.
    3. Defender kills point - this one is a bummer, I know using alliance resources will increase revenue but looking at the various types of cheats and mods, now those who can cheat units can have advantage of this. Check the below image , we lost this war as you can see the opponent put everything just to kill our BG3 boss (Magik) we got 23 kills only from Magik and 40 kills in total just to kill 5 defenders. If you total the numbers for all placed defenders , that will be insane. They just bought the Win, they won't earned it.

1abue7fzyi6k.png
  • Every change made was to milk more $$$$$$$ out of the player base. Whoever spends more will definitely win. Getting tired of these bs changes.
  • OmniOmni Posts: 574 ★★★
    I like how Kabam Miike is ignoring the main point of the posts he is quoting. Removing defender kills makes them more $$$, plain and simple. Just admit it

We have addressed that a few times. As we said, that was not the goal with the change. The goal with the removal of Defender kills wasn't to increase the use of Potions or Revives, but to relieve the feeling of defeat that comes with taking one shot at a defender, losing, and feeling that you're now helping the other Alliance, so you stop playing, even though you have 2 perfectly good attackers still there.

That's your opinion, mine is that I clear my lane every time as is everyone else in T1-2 so...
  • OKAYGangOKAYGang Posts: 524 ★★★
    Maybe someone has asked, but this discussion is already flooded with comments and I don't have time to read them all right now. You mentioned bigger maps and more nodes, does that mean we will be placing more defenders per summoner as well? If so how many and will our champs be available for other content while they are on war defense? Thanks in advance.
  • Acanthus wrote: »
    I like how Kabam Miike is ignoring the main point of the posts he is quoting. Removing defender kills makes them more $$$, plain and simple. Just admit it

We have addressed that a few times. As we said, that was not the goal with the change. The goal with the removal of Defender kills wasn't to increase the use of Potions or Revives, but to relieve the feeling of defeat that comes with taking one shot at a defender, losing, and feeling that you're now helping the other Alliance, so you stop playing, even though you have 2 perfectly good attackers still there.

It doesn't matter what your "goal" was, we're telling you how it's gonna be. How am I supposed to beat an alliance with higher defender rating that will spend to 100% the map? It's impossible, even if we 100% aswell they'll win purely by defender rating. You've removed all the skill involved in AWs

Come on Kabam Miike! You're telling me you see that often?!?!?! I call ****!

There is no other explanation of removing defender kills than more $$! If there is a LOGICAL reason, please share with us! I am sure you can see by now, not one of us can see it!
  • RehctansBewRehctansBew Posts: 442 ★★★
    Can you explain the logic begind temp reducing energy cost for Act 4 to go along with this? Can't work out why this is done and included in AW update post?

It's just something to do while Alliance Wars are down for an extended period. It won't be something for everybody, but if you haven't 100% Explored Act 4 yet, it's a good time!

It means more people can get the rewards to rank up and go for Act 5 the unit sucker.
  • Sup3rmanSup3rman Posts: 7
    Hey Miike,
    Is there any information on the boss node and how that will be different than what it is now?
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    Rvz wrote: »

I really hope this is true miike, because im pretty sure you have not missed the daily threads about Magik and her Limbo. I still think the main problem is dex buff refreshing and fueling MD than Magik and her Limbo itself but whatever, you made it clear that crit buff is not being removed from dexeterity. Listening to community feedback has never really been Kabams thing..

also, thanks for having us fight more dormas and magiks as bosses, its always a blast. and the move to remove scoring from defender kills? brilliant, just brilliant. /end sarcasm.

Believe it or not, some people actually DON'T want the dex buff expiration issue changed. Usually the people who are most vocal about it are the ones that don't want to invest in defense but instead want to run full suicides and parry their way through war (I.e. Treat war like aq). I would be much more in favor of getting rid of status immune tiles (or at least allowing for power lock) which effectivley make magik, juggernaut, and dormamu nearly impossible without massive casualties (particularly magik) than changing the dexterity buff issue.
  • WolfeWolfe Posts: 272 ★★
    I am curious and slightly expecting the worst. You make the map 1.5x larger. No matter how big the map is there can only be a max of 50 defenders right? 10 players per BG each contributing 5 defenders. Or are you gonna be changing this to like 7-10 defenders per player? Or are you implementing stuff like Symbiod or Adaptoid on empty nodes? I can't comprehend how making the map bigger actually helps when its the same 50 defenders.
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    Oh man, and you thought too many allies were swapping to lower tiers before to avoid slugfests...

Yep! No mention at all of the shell alliance issue. But that's probably bc the big spenders are the ones who take advantage of it.
  • RehctansBewRehctansBew Posts: 442 ★★★
    Can you explain the logic begind temp reducing energy cost for Act 4 to go along with this? Can't work out why this is done and included in AW update post?

It's just something to do while Alliance Wars are down for an extended period. It won't be something for everybody, but if you haven't 100% Explored Act 4 yet, it's a good time!

Wouldn't Act 5 also be something to do while AW is down??? Why is that still 3 energy?

Oh they are trying to get the lower players up to balance out the middle class.
  • Nightwing2380Nightwing2380 Posts: 66
    @Kabam Miike "Now, even on the most difficult levels of Alliance Wars, you will always at least be able to see the Class of the opponents you’ll be facing."

Will we be receiving compensation for the mastery cores we have used on the 6 masteries that show the class of each type?
  • NevvBNevvB Posts: 287 ★★★

I hate the feeling of being defeated in aw. How about do away with the victory/defeat system and just make it victory/victory. If i keep losing i keep feeling defeated and won't make me enjoy playing wars.
    Do you see the point I'm trying to make?
  • Drummer829Drummer829 Posts: 105
    This is more of an obvious cash grab than the collector fight was...taking out defender kill points let's people continuously revive and spend to win. A larger map and more mini bosses also means you will most likely be KO'd much more often. I like the changing of nodes and making the middle more difficult, but the rest of it is a step backwards.

Why don't you make the AW maps similar to AQ? Tier 1-5 is a harder/larger map, tier 6-10 is the current AW map, and tier 11+ is an easier map. Have different maps based on the tiers.
  • Mwhitaker23Mwhitaker23 Posts: 332 ★★
    awesome job guys.. no more defender kill count as points (helps big spenders).. bigger map more fights... 5 mini bosses aka 6 **** op mystic champs to fight with 5/5 md (magik, dorm.) and the rewards are still the same? fantastic news
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    Xthea9 wrote: »
    Another big change but I am happy , AQ and AW is the life of this game anything you change in these two makes us happy and excited.
    1. Size of the map is increased but u reduce the timer to 60 minutes ( we have to see if this is enough or not , else we have to be awake all night just to cover nodes for exploration)
    2. 5 mini bosses - I don't mind fighting mini bosses doesn't care about the numbers but considering all the changes, do you think having 3 attackers would be sufficient.
    3. Defender kills point - this one is a bummer, I know using alliance resources will increase revenue but looking at the various types of cheats and mods, now those who can cheat units can have advantage of this. Check the below image , we lost this war as you can see the opponent put everything just to kill our BG3 boss (Magik) we got 23 kills only from Magik and 40 kills in total just to kill 5 defenders. If you total the numbers for all placed defenders , that will be insane. They just bought the Win, they won't earned it.

1abue7fzyi6k.png

Exactly my alliance just lost a war for that very reason, we were up by like 15-20% they threw everything into killing my nightcrawler and it took them 20 something kills to finally take him out.

Now they removed the penalty for it and alliances with money will and can do the same for every war and that's what they intend regardless of what they keep saying it's been crystal clear that kabam is all about the money and this is just a blatant cash crab which I hope blows up in their face.
  • I like how Kabam Miike is ignoring the main point of the posts he is quoting. Removing defender kills makes them more $$$, plain and simple. Just admit it

Thanks Miike! Its good to know what the team had in mind when making this decision. That being said, goals and outcomes do not necessarily have to flow hand-in-hand. Although you have mentioned that the goal was to relieve some stress on players who feel as though 1 death is detrimental to the war, I believe that a side effect of this decision would be exactly what is being mentioned over and over again - alliances will to spend will eventually drop every node regardless of skill. In my opinion, this will probably contribute even more to alliance swapping to avoid the heavy spenders in the top 100. It might be worth evaluating this decision not based on the goal of the team but on the potential outcome. Pretty stoked for a new map though!
  • DarkclawDarkclaw Posts: 3
    If the goal was to "relieve the feeling of defeat" when you lose one match but have 2 healthy champs, then rework the scoring formula so that defender kills only earn points for kills after the player revives.

Everyone gets 3 defeats without the other team earning points.
  • FraggyFraggy Posts: 6
    Are you guys removing detection masteries?
This discussion has been closed.