**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Back Issues #8: Deadpoolooza!

Comments

• Options
    Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★
    I was looking forward to this variant coz Deadpool and the SQs of the last few months haven't been that fun for me - I hate Solo Objectives even tho the symbiote one was okay.
    This month's is annoying me due to the 3 champion restrictions and two are basically two champions because I'm not fighting a stacked Hype with a 3* Sersi or the other one.

The rewards seemed fine, but mostly because I was expecting it to be like the last few Variants, but it's bugged, and I'm refusing to use more items on the DPXF - at first I thought I'd read the node wrong, then figured I'd missed something - hence I'm stuck. Well I rage quit, so I'll have to go do it again, and I've wasted some items.

Deadpool stuff is usually light hearted and fun, and this variant (so far) is not. The champ restrictions are ridiculous too, considering its not endgame content, the pool is tiny when you consider Deadpool, Goldpool and Platinumpool are pretty rare trophy champs and DPFX sucks.
    Yondu isn't that great. They just don't have much utility as a group. Using them doesn't even provide much of a boost, unless it's Red Deadpool and he's a rare champ.

Variants are my favourite content. This one makes me sad. I don't know if an r5 Venompool can even beat the final VP boss. I don't have mutant catalysts to rank up Sabretooth. The final boss would have been fine if it wasn't restricted to such a tiny pool of champs - even a 50% reduction like the tech variant would have been fine. It works fine in the Villians variant because they're a much more diverse group consisting of more than a small handful of useable champs that are likely to even have been ranked to a decent level.

That aside, I do love the Deadpooloids and I've found Masacre is super fun and I'm taking my 6* to rank 2 at some point.
  • Options
    DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

DalBot said:

Does this answer your ?

https://youtu.be/5vRKrCaKV_I

Did you drop shocks and Sp2 before his Sp3?

Dr. Zola
    It's in the video that I posted but yes to both. Feel free to watch it to determine
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,547 ★★★★★
    DalBot said:

DrZola said:

DalBot said:

Does this answer your ?

https://youtu.be/5vRKrCaKV_I

Did you drop shocks and Sp2 before his Sp3?

Dr. Zola
    It's in the video that I posted but yes to both. Feel free to watch it to determine
    Right—I missed the first part and I couldn’t tell if you had shocked him before he let off the first Sp3. Which tells me what I need to know: dropping a Sp2 with shocks doesn’t guarantee a KO. Karate Mike got lucky.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Akj007Akj007 Posts: 28

Is this fight supposed to be cleared using revives...

-100 chance for DPX to use his Special attacks... Working as Intended

• Options
    CoMinowCoMinow Posts: 297
    Akj007 said:

Is this fight supposed to be cleared using revives...

-100 chance for DPX to use his Special attacks... Working as Intended

That fight is nothing compared to venompool.

Game is so broken… wtg game team. More broken bunk content and inaccurate information.. it would also be nice if my screen didn’t constantly say parry in green while I’m getting pounded into my block, not that you care 6 months later and counting
  • Options
    I honestly think this is the worst variant by far. V1 is better then this.(except rewards)
  • Options
    ChikelChikel Posts: 2,058 ★★★★
    DrZola said:

Is this dpx fight bugged? Dude follows the node and doesn’t throw s1 or 2 but immediately throws his s3. What up Kabam?

I think the answer is yes.

I’ve run that fight ~20 times. Every time DPX gets his Sp3, he immediately uses it. He has never used any of his other specials, despite copious dancing around and trying to tease them out.

I cleared him this morning using VP, Domino, Masacre, 3* DP and Luke Cage (6* R2). It took the team whittling him down and Cage tanking one Sp3, eating another and then getting a Sp1 stun lock to finish him off. No items used.

But…that was my fifth or sixth try using different teams.

@Karatemike415 has used Nebula with success by dropping her Sp2 with full shocks, but I wonder if it’s still possible for DPX to fire off his Sp3 before he dies. It worked for Mike.

Others on here have claimed to use Domino and killed him before he got his Sp3. That seems like it would take a lot of luck.

So, yes—I think it’s bugged, even though people have successfully cleared it.

Dr. Zola
    Horseman Domino can get an easy solo.
    I brought a team of Apoc, Wags, Prof X, Domino and Massacre.

- Apoc for horseman
    - Prof X for his 25% special increase and the Apoc synergy that gives horsemen +30% prowess potency
    - Wags for the damage boost from both his prefight and atonement synergy. He also has a synergy with Prof X that increases the potency of the atonement synergy

I sacrificed 2 revives on NC to get 4 charges on Apoc then made Domino a horseman. I also popped a 15% attack boost and a 200% power boost for good measure. My plan was to launch back to back sp2 but he threw his sp3 after the first sp2. It didn't matter anyway, the second did a massive 89k crit. The 15% attack boost was probably uneccassary but I had a lot of it and didn't want to take any chances.
  • Options
    RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,456 ★★★★
    Why am I unable to kill the 1.1 boss? He is taking 0 damage
  • Options
    Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★
    Rasilover said:

Why am I unable to kill the 1.1 boss? He is taking 0 damage

Bugged. Try tapping block.
  • Options
    Lol.i was just getting you back😂
  • Options
    CoMinowCoMinow Posts: 297
    Ultron path for dpx with domino synergy… zero difficulty
  • Options
    Akj007Akj007 Posts: 28
    Lol i think the one who designed this variant had a fight with his wife before the day...

Putting Havok in 2.1 quest is a joke ...
    How do kabam expect us to clear the lane with Mercenary class...

• Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Akj007 said:

Lol i think the one who designed this variant had a fight with his wife before the day...

Taskmaster
  • Options
    TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    I will continue once the bugs are fixed. Luckily the rewards don't have me running to complete this right away.

For goodness sakes Kabam, please test map 8 and make sure it goes well. The disaster a bugged map 8 will make this situation look decent in comparison. Just a heads up from an end game player.
  • Options
    TyEdge said:

Chikel said:

DrZola said:

Is this dpx fight bugged? Dude follows the node and doesn’t throw s1 or 2 but immediately throws his s3. What up Kabam?

I think the answer is yes.

I’ve run that fight ~20 times. Every time DPX gets his Sp3, he immediately uses it. He has never used any of his other specials, despite copious dancing around and trying to tease them out.

I cleared him this morning using VP, Domino, Masacre, 3* DP and Luke Cage (6* R2). It took the team whittling him down and Cage tanking one Sp3, eating another and then getting a Sp1 stun lock to finish him off. No items used.

But…that was my fifth or sixth try using different teams.

@Karatemike415 has used Nebula with success by dropping her Sp2 with full shocks, but I wonder if it’s still possible for DPX to fire off his Sp3 before he dies. It worked for Mike.

Others on here have claimed to use Domino and killed him before he got his Sp3. That seems like it would take a lot of luck.

So, yes—I think it’s bugged, even though people have successfully cleared it.

Dr. Zola
    I brought a team of Apoc, Wags, Prof X, Domino and Massacre.

- Apoc for horseman
    - Prof X for his 25% special increase and the Apoc synergy that gives horsemen +30% prowess potency
    - Wags for the damage boost from both his prefight and atonement synergy. He also has a synergy with Prof X that increases the potency of the atonement synergy

I sacrificed 2 revives on NC to get 4 charges on Apoc then made Domino a horseman. I also popped a 15% attack boost and a 200% power boost for good measure. My plan was to launch back to back sp2 but he threw his sp3 after the first sp2. It didn't matter anyway, the second did a massive 89k crit. The 15% attack boost was probably uneccassary but I had a lot of it and didn't want to take any chances.

(Multiple synergy partners, multiple boosts, revives and maybe some good fortune)
    Lol. Just trying to offer a solution here. I went overboard with the boosts and synergies but Horseman Domino can still solo.
  • Options

Akj007 said:

Taskmaster
    Venompool with Iceman synergy works as well
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    DrDrill said:

After finishing around 60% of this, I can certainly say that this quest is by far the hardest!! And it's not even close
    There are so many fights you literally can't have any counter for it, Vision Arkus followed by thing in 2.1, both left lanes in 3.2, and that's on top of my head, probably there are so many to count.

they forgot we can only access 15 champions only, most of them are trash.
    And the painful part is, same f****** rewards!!

Btw, I already cleared VP quest 100%, and I'm not a noob, I have everything 100% including Abyss and Carina's challenge, as well as all back issues.. (gauntlet and SoP as well) -FREE TO PLAY- until now, I have no interest to finish this stupid quest.

End of rant

Aarkus was annoying but Thing is easy with Gwenpool
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    DrDrill said:

After finishing around 60% of this, I can certainly say that this quest is by far the hardest!! And it's not even close
    There are so many fights you literally can't have any counter for it, Vision Arkus followed by thing in 2.1, both left lanes in 3.2, and that's on top of my head, probably there are so many to count.

Btw, I already cleared VP quest 100%, and I'm not a noob, I have everything 100% including Abyss and Carina's challenge, as well as all back issues.. (gauntlet and SoP as well) -FREE TO PLAY- until now, I have no interest to finish this stupid quest.

End of rant

Not to knock on your skill but aarkus was easy with a combo if TM and Domino. The health pools are low enough to not require and actual counter
  • Options
    Camby01Camby01 Posts: 572 ★★

DrDrill said:

End of rant

Not to knock on your skill but aarkus was easy with a combo if TM and Domino. The health pools are low enough to not require and actual counter
    I'm confused, I went into 8.1.2 read the nodes on the boss, didn't bring a bleed immune merc, I have very few. For the record I have 160+ 5*s not one less than r2. I have mad do with trash champs, some skill, and crappy rng for 7 years. So, because I could have brought in an r3 5* nebula and tanked the supposedly non existent special, it's my fault?
  • Options
    benshbbenshb Posts: 798 ★★★★
    And now we wait
  • Options
    MidnightfoxMidnightfox Posts: 1,094 ★★★
    ETA on bug fix with venompool?
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,180 ★★★★★

ETA on bug fix with venompool?

The venopool isn’t bugging just very nich
  • Options
    Nihal_BNihal_B Posts: 11
    Funny how the final boss in variant 4 is 1k and the final boss in variant 8 is 100k