**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

BG is not fun this season, heres one reason why

Comments

• Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 3,480 ★★★★★

Stronger players being able to climb up further and faster in a competition? That's unheard of!

Where are all these "stronger players" then? Uru 3 and Uru 2 are still empty lol.
    Its an ending calculating issue, a visual bug.
    You cant have all of them in celestial can you?
    When i entered GC i statted at Arcane.
    Kabam never said they wanted more players in GC, matter of fact they made it clear Lesser experience players will have to improve skill and roster if they want to get up there.
  • Options
    AxewAxew Posts: 620 ★★★★
    The inputs issues are driving me insane this season. It feels impossible to make progress when the game randomly decides to take a dump and you get hit by a combo to the face. Combined with the requirement to get 5 wins in a row for vibranium and crappy matchmaking, BGs feel like a tedious chore.
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,483 ★★★★★
    I liked it.
    VT gave more rewards.
    GC meta is hella fun.
    + +
  • Options
    MidnightfoxMidnightfox Posts: 1,157 ★★★
    Yes the 5 matches in vibranium and diamond has been frustrating as can be. And yes I see the same pattern. Get 4 tokens and boom death match with horrible choices in drafting.
  • Options
    PikokPikok Posts: 138 ★★
    Its really not a big deal to not get to GC. There is a FOMO but remeber how many r5s we BOUGHT in july4. In black week we probably can get more. So no stress
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,604 ★★★★★

Stop complaining if you aren’t skilled enough to do it that’s fine but even with only 1 r5 13 r4 and rest r3 I’d be able to beat master players and I don’t use all my r4 for bgs cause some of them aren’t meant for bgs and if your roster isn’t big enough maybe you aren’t meant to get past that rank at some point it’s your fault it can’t always be kabams fault

Not the issue in the slightest
  • Options
    EmomikeEmomike Posts: 219 ★★
    Polygon said:

Stop complaining if you aren’t skilled enough to do it that’s fine but even with only 1 r5 13 r4 and rest r3 I’d be able to beat master players and I don’t use all my r4 for bgs cause some of them aren’t meant for bgs and if your roster isn’t big enough maybe you aren’t meant to get past that rank at some point it’s your fault it can’t always be kabams fault

Skill has nothing to do with it, the issue is with the system itself.

One can argue that Kabam shouldn’t just go ahead and implement changes like these without deeply considering the consequences. They’ve done it before as well. It looks like This change completely deterred several people from the game mode and prevented many others from reaching GC (For the record ive made it in, just speaking out for the others instead of disrespectfully calling it a skill issue)
    So why do you think you made it when others failed?
  • Options
    Manup456Manup456 Posts: 887 ★★★★
    I think if Kabam added rewards for reaching different levels in VT not just milestones at end of the season like AW everyone wouldn’t get upset they can’t hit GC. The way it is now you only get the good rewards once in GC.

I also think if they adjusted how we can build our decks and only allow x amount of champs at specific ranks that would balance the playing field out.

Example: 3x 7* max, 5x r5, 10x r3 etc…

• Options
    DUHveedDUHveed Posts: 353 ★★★
    Manup456 said:

I think if Kabam added rewards for reaching different levels in VT not just milestones at end of the season like AW everyone wouldn’t get upset they can’t hit GC. The way it is now you only get the good rewards once in GC.

I also think if they adjusted how we can build our decks and only allow x amount of champs at specific ranks that would balance the playing field out.

Example: 3x 7* max, 5x r5, 10x r3 etc…

I’m going to disagree with you not getting “good rewards” until you hit GC. You get 56,500 total tokens working your way up the VT, not including for the solo and alliance milestones. For most summoners in GC I think it’s just an added bonus, and the rewards arguably don’t start getting “good” until you hit Quantum. Granted the relic resources are meh to me personally, but to each their own.
    Capping the number of rank rarities I don’t think is a good idea. What I think would be more beneficial is to somehow see what rank each champ in their deck is (r4, r5 etc). That impacts who I ban. Example: I’ll let a r3* Sassy slide but if he’s a r4 or r5 I’m banning.
  • Options
    MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,136 ★★★★
    I've been stuck in silver 1 for the last 10 matches, over the last 4 days. Lowest prestige opponent was 15,782 and the highest, 17,286. Only 4 opponents have not had legends titles. I'm 16,443 prestige.

In silver 1.

I've probably only played 25 matches in the season though and definitely have skill issues. Surprising to see so many high prestige paragons still in silver 1 too, so I guess people have lost interest now you can get similar or better rewards in AQ for far, far less effort and AQ is guaranteed rewards.

I am guessing they will hugely bump the rewards in BGs again to try and improve participation or will have to do away with the VT, because otherwise this will die. Even if the top 5% or so continue to play, as they'll just be grinding away against each other through the VT and you'll end up with under 1k players and then under 100 in the whole GC.

They need to learn from other games; if there's zero rewards from the participation you need to engender to enable the cream to rise to the top, the fodder achieving 50% win rates, will stop playing at all.

Very much a popcorn 🍿 moment of watching kabam's wheels turning to see how this plays out!!
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,483 ★★★★★
    Nice to see people have to work for rewards and are not just handed down freebies.
    It's surprising people have to work for rewards.
  • Options
    DUHveedDUHveed Posts: 353 ★★★

Rohit_316 said:

7* have changed the course of the game . This is the 1st time i am struggling in any meta . I have a 3 mil account and matching with much higher opponents who have 7* r2s Hulk , Sunspot , Titania etc. Now either you can ban those 7* or ban annoying r4 6* . You will lose either way .

Another thing is that some champs animations while special attacks are long due to which by the time you remove 1 protection and do the damage , another one comes up and you end up doing like a 2k crit .

That's what's supposed to happen in a competitive ladder. If you're not as good as your opponents then you shouldn't advance.
    Right, but if Uru 3 and Uru 2 are completely empty then something's not right, 5k spots are empty basically lol. Nobody's talking about Cavs or TBs cause they definitely don't belong in GC, we're talking about the fact that because of those extra tiers and how quickly the game's economy has changed since the 4th of July deals, a lot of Paragons who don't have any r5s yet but have r4s only or r4s and r3s, couldn't even make it to Uru 3 or Uru 2 this season, that's why both tiers are still empty.
    It honestly seems like a “damned if you do, damned if you don’t” situation for Kabam without an easy resolution. Maybe taking out the additional Vibranium tiers would help get some of those unstuck? Even then within Paragons there’s such a discrepancy in roster strength

• Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 4,006 ★★★★★
    DUHveed said:

Rohit_316 said:

7* have changed the course of the game . This is the 1st time i am struggling in any meta . I have a 3 mil account and matching with much higher opponents who have 7* r2s Hulk , Sunspot , Titania etc. Now either you can ban those 7* or ban annoying r4 6* . You will lose either way .

Another thing is that some champs animations while special attacks are long due to which by the time you remove 1 protection and do the damage , another one comes up and you end up doing like a 2k crit .

That's what's supposed to happen in a competitive ladder. If you're not as good as your opponents then you shouldn't advance.
    Right, but if Uru 3 and Uru 2 are completely empty then something's not right, 5k spots are empty basically lol. Nobody's talking about Cavs or TBs cause they definitely don't belong in GC, we're talking about the fact that because of those extra tiers and how quickly the game's economy has changed since the 4th of July deals, a lot of Paragons who don't have any r5s yet but have r4s only or r4s and r3s, couldn't even make it to Uru 3 or Uru 2 this season, that's why both tiers are still empty.
    It honestly seems like a “damned if you do, damned if you don’t” situation for Kabam without an easy resolution. Maybe taking out the additional Vibranium tiers would help get some of those unstuck? Even then within Paragons there’s such a discrepancy in roster strength

If the seeding system next season changes nothing then yes, they need to remove those extra Vibranium tiers imo.
  • Options
    FrydayFryday Posts: 802 ★★★★
    Well I still think that the 1 token win, 1 token lost from Gold Tier and 3 Vibranium level of 5 straight win is the problem, it created really bad bottlenecks.

I don't believe the seeding will help with that, as players will continue to get bottlenecks round Diamond and Vibranium. All of these players tha would of been in Ura and higher and currently all in VT.

Bottlenecks cause stagnation, so many are trap on the "essentially" 4 wins and 4 losts.

I believe the best way to fix the problem is the 1 token win and 1 token lost should only be applied in that last Vibranium tier (V1).

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,375 ★★★★★
    Fryday said:

Well I still think that the 1 token win, 1 token lost from Gold Tier and 3 Vibranium level of 5 straight win is the problem, it created really bad bottlenecks.

I don't believe the seeding will help with that, as players will continue to get bottlenecks round Diamond and Vibranium. All of these players tha would of been in Ura and higher and currently all in VT.

Bottlenecks cause stagnation, so many are trap on the "essentially" 4 wins and 4 losts.

I believe the best way to fix the problem is the 1 token win and 1 token lost should only be applied in that last Vibranium tier (V1).

Even if it was the 3 Vibranium Tiers, that would be better. If they're planning on keeping the extra Tiers, it needs to be reasonable.
  • Options
    FrydayFryday Posts: 802 ★★★★

Fryday said:

Even if it was the 3 Vibranium Tiers, that would be better. If they're planning on keeping the extra Tiers, it needs to be reasonable.
    Yep I fully agreed with you.

Kabam can keep the same Tiers, just make it as 2 token for a win, and lost 1 token on a lost, until players get to the last Vibranium Tier before GC.
This discussion has been closed.