**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Witness the Great Revival! Act 6 Chapter 1 - Coming March 13th

1568101178

Comments

  • Tasty_Yum_YumsTasty_Yum_Yums Posts: 444 ★★★
    edited March 2019
    With the restriction of 4*, can we now expect arenas for 6* champs, with a 5* featured and 5* basic champ each week?
  • SSofLimboSSofLimbo Posts: 148
    My question is what are the plans post Act 6 since it says it is the final chapter of the Elders saga?
  • Munrolm02Munrolm02 Posts: 88
    edited March 2019
    This is very upsetting because synergies are very helpful and needed for some of this impossible content. Taking out 4 stars now we got to bring in some weak weak five stars just to get a synergy.?Some of the synergies like black bolt aren’t even in five star formAnd you know it’s going to take the average person five years to maybe pull a six star blackbolt! Why would this company even think anybody would’ve been cool with this this.... it’s like black and white. we invest in four stars to get the synergy sometimes we got to resort to three or even two stars to catch a synergy. Lots of players spent tons of money to beat Act 5 because they had to use four stars. And now they’re going to be banned with 3 more Act to go lol When we hit act 9 We’re only going to be able to use our rank 5 6 stars.
  • Kabam DKKabam DK Posts: 221
    edited March 2019

    Kabam DK said:



    In a new turn of events, we’ll also be featuring a Legends Run for all Chapters of Act 6, and a special Act Legends Reward throughout the release of Act 6! The top times for each Chapter’s Legends will be collected, and awarded with a new Champion never before owned by any Summoner!

    is this new Champion never before owned a 6* champ?


    This Champion has never been obtainable at any Rarity whatsoever
    I understand it’s an entirely new champ at all star ratings. My question is “will” the legend winners receive a 6* or will it be a 5* (or something else)?
    It'll be a 6-Star. I will update the original post to reflect this!
  • MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
    edited March 2019
    i believe the 5* requirements are simple.

    As the game progresses people are getting 4* like candy and can build up 4* roster easy.

    i believe they want to intentionally add an artificial bottle neck to make it so only EXPERIENCED (iee. long time) summoners who have spent the time to build a large roster are the ones who can compete in it.

    as newer players play for longer the rosters will grow and will be able to do this.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,249 ★★★★★

    You guys claim there were beta testers, yet went forward with only requiring 5 and 6* champs? Cool, then because I wasn’t lucky enough to open a 5* stark spidey, Or Domino, I would like you to gift me them. I used those 2 as examples because I have them as 4*s, and use them........ all the damn time for questing. And your beta testers failed on telling you the rewards were good too..... Pretty crappy rewards for content we all know is going to be stupid.

    To be fair, beta testers only knew that there were champion restrictions on 5/6*s and some have voiced out about it. There must be a reason why Kabam still went through with it. Also, the beta testers did not know what the rewards were.
  • Scarlett_Scarlett_ Posts: 273

    Why no 4*s allowed? My only 6* is trash and i have only a few good 5*s

    My archangel and my Hyperion , red hulk and magik are out then , used them to clear most of the content until I ranked my 5*s only have 3 decent 5* champs so I think it’s a joke and no retreat is just a money grab , you have to dash back there’s no avoiding it so you take damage and then when you block you take damage assuming your opponents hit like bull dozers this ko’ing your team and you needing more units to complete content utter joke... I’m done
  • becauseicantbecauseicant Posts: 412 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:


    But the fact that this game rewards twitch skills is completely arbitrary. It is equally arbitrary, and equally reasonable, to gauge and gate progress by roster building as anything else.

    I have some concerns about the gating: synergies for example seems to be a grey area when it comes to this kind of restriction. But at the end of the day, all gates are arbitrary. You must be level 40, you must be uncollected, you must be able to afford the entry cost. Why can't someone just download the game, pick any champions they want, and then test their skills against Labyrinth? Because this is not that kind of game.

    None of these things are arbitrary like you suggest. The game designers don't make a list of possible progression gates and roll a dice to see which one they are going to use. They are very specifically chosen and crafted as an integral part of shaping the games design by achieving specific goals and influencing specific player behaviors and choices. The fact that the game designers chose to reward skilled play to the amount that they have is not arbitrary but instead an extremely important part of making the game appealing to players who enjoy skilled based gameplay. Similarly the amount to which they encourage players to expand and grow their roster is also carefully crafted and chosen intentionally. When these aspects of the games design are changed we would expect people to have concerns, which is exactly what we're seeing.

    It's clear that their reasons for implementing this new gate are not based on gameplay factors or the player experience like most other gates are, but rather on disregarding a large portion of a players roster progression in an effort to drive sales of their recently improved GMC's and the new Cavalier Crystal. It's made even worse by the fact that Kabam has been pushing the "synergy meta" very hard over the last year which incentivized many players to obtain new 4* heroes specifically for their synergies which are now being made irrelevant without good reason.
  • Bidzy7Bidzy7 Posts: 369 ★★★
    The restriction on only being able to use 5 & 6 * champions is absolute rubbish.

    I think whats worse is the fact you drop that piece of information a week before act 6 being introduced.
    Act 6 has probably been in the pipeline for some time, as new content takes time to develop. Surely if this was your intention to have this restriction then why not let the community know about it sooner so they can prepare for it and not waste resources on champions for them to be unusable. Personally I have taken champions up as 4* of late because i just cant seem to get them as 5* or get a similar champion that fills that role as a 5*.

    Also you impose this restriction then your reward for completing the content is getting a title which allows you to purchase a crystal which basically gives you a 88% chance to get a champion you can't use in this content.

    Hopefully upon hearing all the negativity towards this restriction and from the beta test that will take place this silly restriction is removed.
  • Tasty_Yum_YumsTasty_Yum_Yums Posts: 444 ★★★
    Kabam DK said:

    Kabam DK said:



    In a new turn of events, we’ll also be featuring a Legends Run for all Chapters of Act 6, and a special Act Legends Reward throughout the release of Act 6! The top times for each Chapter’s Legends will be collected, and awarded with a new Champion never before owned by any Summoner!

    is this new Champion never before owned a 6* champ?


    This Champion has never been obtainable at any Rarity whatsoever
    I understand it’s an entirely new champ at all star ratings. My question is “will” the legend winners receive a 6* or will it be a 5* (or something else)?
    It'll be a 6-Star. I will update the original post to reflect this!
    Awesome. Thanks for the update!
  • KelpinKelpin Posts: 1
    Would like to say I think kabam has done a good job in getting everyone excited about act 6. It’s finally Out. A lot been complaining no 5 star awakening . Was a bit disappointed when I saw that but then I saw nick fury rewards in which we can purchase awakening with 5k intel . That itself is an awakening that we don’t normally get each month .we should be Glad. In regards on the complaints about no 4 star being allowed , my advice is just get on with it . Nothing is gonna change in terms of difficulty. Kabam might have a system in place with beta testers to analyse the difficulty with and without synergy and units taken . If kabam bow down to everyone demands and let 4 star be in just for synergy . They might just pump up no retreat nodes from 2 a path to 10 just to offset it . It’s still the same . Remember the quest we had to use 3 star mutant and face a hard sentinel . We just got on with it . Even in variant . We had restrictions in class and certain synergies not there . So just get on with it haha. Maybe the only slight mistake kabamed made was calling it act 6 as its story mode with no restrictions before .If this content was called Variant 2 or something new explaining how last time there was restrictions on certain quest so this new quest have new restrictions.
    Btw I’m not kabam employee speaking up for them . I’m no whale with huge rosters . Only 500k power . And I have **** luck on crystals too lol

    One question, how’s the difficulty level compared to variant quest ?
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian

    DNA3000 said:


    But the fact that this game rewards twitch skills is completely arbitrary. It is equally arbitrary, and equally reasonable, to gauge and gate progress by roster building as anything else.

    I have some concerns about the gating: synergies for example seems to be a grey area when it comes to this kind of restriction. But at the end of the day, all gates are arbitrary. You must be level 40, you must be uncollected, you must be able to afford the entry cost. Why can't someone just download the game, pick any champions they want, and then test their skills against Labyrinth? Because this is not that kind of game.

    None of these things are arbitrary like you suggest. The game designers don't make a list of possible progression gates and roll a dice to see which one they are going to use. They are very specifically chosen and crafted as an integral part of shaping the games design by achieving specific goals and influencing specific player behaviors and choices. The fact that the game designers chose to reward skilled play to the amount that they have is not arbitrary but instead an extremely important part of making the game appealing to players who enjoy skilled based gameplay. Similarly the amount to which they encourage players to expand and grow their roster is also carefully crafted and chosen intentionally. When these aspects of the games design are changed we would expect people to have concerns, which is exactly what we're seeing.
    This is somewhat out of context. When I say that the choice to reward twitch skills is arbitrary, that's in response to someone asking why can't a skilled player use whatever they want to run the content. The answer is that the game doesn't prioritize skill in that way, and that decision was an entirely free choice. You can make games that are only about skill. You can make games that are only about roster collection. You can make games that are about both. So clearly, this is an arbitrary choice in the sense that there's no right decision. Which way you decide dictates the kind of game you make, and it then dictates the kinds of choices you make down the road, but the initial choice is entirely free from design constraints.

    The fact that they are gating Act 6 with roster isn't arbitrary in itself, but it is based on a choice made at the beginning of time that was arbitrary: to base progression in the game in large part by roster development. Once that choice was made, the option to gate future progress with roster properties became a valid downstream option.

    Incidentally, the way games target their players and the way playerbases influence future design direction is far more organic in reality than it is a calculated process.
  • MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
    Markjv81 said:

    MaatMan said:

    i believe the 5* requirements are simple.

    As the game progresses people are getting 4* like candy and can build up 4* roster easy.

    i believe they want to intentionally add an artificial bottle neck to make it so only EXPERIENCED (iee. long time) summoners who have spent the time to build a large roster are the ones who can compete in it.

    as newer players play for longer the rosters will grow and will be able to do this.

    I’ve been here nearly 4 years but still don’t have 5* domino, Corvus, AA, iceman, void, aegon, symbiote supreme, ghost, sabretooth, gwenpool, venom the duck, carnage, heimdal that’s a huge junk of god tier champs that I can’t use for story content and why? Just because I’m unlucky? There’s literally nothing else I could have done to improve my 5/6* roster, I complete all solo content outside of LOL/variant/maze 100%, I do all dungeons, plat 3 AW all seasons etc
    understand that you may be missing alot of 5*.
    i understand RNG can affect people poorly.
    but i have no doubt you have a chunk of perfectly useful 5*.
    after 4 years you must.
  • DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★
    edited March 2019
    Disregard, didnt make it far enough into comments
  • DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★
    Kabam DK said:

    So no tetreat gives a PASSIVE degen?!?! Does this mean that Gladiator Hulk will get face me from it? Like Starburst? Or is it just gonna tear me a new one for baiting a special, even with my Gulk that RNG gave me as both a 5 and a 6 star?

    Gladiator Hulk's Face Me! Does work
    Excellent, glad I pulled his 6* :D
  • Surfin_silverSurfin_silver Posts: 23

    Why no 4*s allowed? My only 6* is trash and i have only a few good 5*s

    Then you are not yet ready young grasshopper
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    MaatMan said:

    Markjv81 said:

    MaatMan said:

    i believe the 5* requirements are simple.

    As the game progresses people are getting 4* like candy and can build up 4* roster easy.

    i believe they want to intentionally add an artificial bottle neck to make it so only EXPERIENCED (iee. long time) summoners who have spent the time to build a large roster are the ones who can compete in it.

    as newer players play for longer the rosters will grow and will be able to do this.

    I’ve been here nearly 4 years but still don’t have 5* domino, Corvus, AA, iceman, void, aegon, symbiote supreme, ghost, sabretooth, gwenpool, venom the duck, carnage, heimdal that’s a huge junk of god tier champs that I can’t use for story content and why? Just because I’m unlucky? There’s literally nothing else I could have done to improve my 5/6* roster, I complete all solo content outside of LOL/variant/maze 100%, I do all dungeons, plat 3 AW all seasons etc
    understand that you may be missing alot of 5*.
    i understand RNG can affect people poorly.
    but i have no doubt you have a chunk of perfectly useful 5*.
    after 4 years you must.
    You’re correct I have a number of 5/6* champs that will be useful, simply highlighting how ridiculous it is that I can’t bring 4* r5 god tier but can bring r1 5* trash champs. If the reason behind no 4* is to limit synergy then simply turn them off, if the reason is because 4* aren’t strong enough then anything under r3 5* should also be banned also.

    Eagerly awaiting kabams roughly put together explanation, that will more than likely pose more questions and confusion than answers.
  • LegendsendLegendsend Posts: 92

    Hey everybody,

    We're seeing your concerns, and desire for more clarification on the Champion Requirements. We're going to write something up to clearly present our intentions with these requirements and their purpose. We don't want to create any more confusion, so we're going to take our time with this. We'll have something to give you insight into our intentions tomorrow.

    The response is appreciated more than anything. I think write something up sounds a little too close to make something up but I will listen with an open mind. At the moment, I just do not see the need or reasoning for the restriction. I fail to pull good characters even with the multiple blade Crystal's recently all I seem to get is subpar champions 96.4% of the time. I use my 3 star rulk and 3 star massacre with my domino like we use spoons in cereal... it's sometimes a necessity and the only way I can get by characters like dormammu and magik. I'm just a little more than a little disappointed.
  • MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★

    Hey everybody,

    We're seeing your concerns, and desire for more clarification on the Champion Requirements. We're going to write something up to clearly present our intentions with these requirements and their purpose. We don't want to create any more confusion, so we're going to take our time with this. We'll have something to give you insight into our intentions tomorrow.

    Miike if this write up isn't absolutely eloquent expect a larger backlash then what you are already receiving. There is no way to guarantee that anyone can get a particular 5 or 6 star champion, not even arena since that only hands out a maximum of 300 5 star champions. Not to mention the other obstacles in the way of being in the top 150 such as game servers, device speed, roster size, boost utilization, refreshing champions, etc. I really don't see how any explanation could get around the gatekeeping occuring with the implementation of the rarity requirement.

    For example; in Labyrinth of Legends to get the extended enrage timer you need to get a total of 2,000 attack rating. You can get that by combining different attack synergies and by using champions with a naturally higher base attack. But there is still a timer available for champions who's attack rating is below 2,000, allowing summoner's who have a suboptimal roster to still complete the content if they wish to do so.
    yes but you do not need a particular 5* or 6* champ.
    there is nothing stopping you from doing it with any 5* or 6* except your own skill.
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    My comments now need to be approved lol
  • MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
    Markjv81 said:

    My comments now need to be approved lol

    think it happens when you reply too many time in short succession
  • LegendsendLegendsend Posts: 92
    Other than the restrictions, everything else looks awesome. The rewards could be beefed up a little bit... they should at least be as good as the last chapter of act 5 since the content is harder than the last chapter of act 5 but it could still be worse. The nodes look cool and I think it'll be a good time.
  • bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
    'special' doesn't mean useful.
    Whoever the special champ is I hope it'll be at least useful. Maybe useful than Deadpool Xforce, Kamala and Colossus
Sign In or Register to comment.