**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

Witness the Great Revival! Act 6 Chapter 1 - Coming March 13th

Comments

• xNigxNig Posts: 7,218 ★★★★★

xNig said:

Well, Kabam ran a beta test with a select group of Summoners whose profile they were targeting, had the same 5/6* requirements and from the feedback, realized that 6.1 was doable for that target market, albeit wasn’t easy.

From that perspective, the 5/6* requirements isn’t that bad. (Although I still disagree with it.)

They have yet to confirm that the beta testers were held to 5 and 6 stars as far as I know
    Already replied to you twice bro, they were.
  • IsItthoughIsItthough Posts: 254 ★★
    xNig said:

xNig said:

Well, Kabam ran a beta test with a select group of Summoners whose profile they were targeting, had the same 5/6* requirements and from the feedback, realized that 6.1 was doable for that target market, albeit wasn’t easy.

From that perspective, the 5/6* requirements isn’t that bad. (Although I still disagree with it.)

They have yet to confirm that the beta testers were held to 5 and 6 stars as far as I know
    Thank you I missed it but will go back and find it much appreciated
  • TakingAllDownTakingAllDown Posts: 30

If they're skilled enough to take out Act 6 with 4*s, then I'm sure they're skilled enough to do it with R3 5*s. Some Synergies won't be used, fair enough. There are others that can be used with 5*s.
    They've decided to make this the gate people need to go through for Act 6. Not much can be done but look at solutions. We can't rely on 4*s indefinitely. We stopped using 3*s when Act 5 came. Actually, we stopped when we started Act 4, for the most part. If people want to make it mire challenging, try doing it with a 1/25 5*.

• axelelf_1axelelf_1 Posts: 775 ★★★
    DrZola said:

@GroundedWisdom I believe you have the same understanding that I have: for example, a particular path or quest might require 2 6* champions to enter.

Where this leads can be problematic—if, for example, there are combo gates...imagine a path that requires 2 Mystic 6* champs. I have none. In fact, I don’t have a Tech or a Mutant 6*. A path or a quest with a Tech/Mystic/Mutant 6* prerequisite leaves me out. If, as @DTMelodicMetal suggests, this is a potential developer theme going forward, the answer for me going forward is an easy one. In essence, “git gud” has become “git lucky.”

Dr. Zola

“Git spend’n”.
  • IsItthoughIsItthough Posts: 254 ★★
    xNig said:

xNig said:

I'm losing it, just ran through 46 pages and must be missing this response. Was it on a separate thread, or could you direct me to their post?
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,218 ★★★★★
    edited March 2019

@xNig what about mid tier players who wouldn't be able to do this anyway but now won't be able to do this? What about them?!

Hm.... they’re gonna try to do it.. then complain it’s a money grab? 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️ I really don’t know. There’s loads of unavoidable damage in there that will kill a maxed 4* in 2-3 seconds.
  • arsjumarsjum Posts: 412 ★★★
    DrZola said:

@arsjum In another life, I used all kinds of jargon in my field and dealt with professionals in equally jargon-y fields. We were all so impressed with ourselves.

An important thing I learned is this: If you can’t easily explain a thing to someone else, it’s usually baloney. Charlatans and hoodwinkers hide behind jargon.

Dr. Zola

What is your doctoral degree on, just curious? I have a PhD in American Studies/History (graduated in December) and I agree with you. Of course, I understand the jargon-filled language used in my specialty but I still can’t stand it. I am a supporters of the six principles of good writing, as explained by Orwell in his “politics of the English language.” But I digress. :) There is clearly lack of proper communication. What Kabam Goggy says makes sense to dna3000 because he understands that language. I don’t.
  • folks shouldnt quit. Just don't pay for anything. Grind out units. Do Act 6 when you can. But meanwhile. @Kabam Miike etc. disgraceful behavior and responses.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,168 ★★★★★
    edited March 2019

Yes. They stated 4*s would still remain very powerful, when 6*s were released. That they have. They didn't say you would be using them for every piece of content released, for the indefinite future. Act 6 is one aspect of Storymode. It's permanent content, and once you're done with it, that's it.
    Every other area, you can use 4*s, including ongoing content like Wars, EQ, Special Events, Challenges, AQ, etc. It's litetally one part of the game they can't be used. All of a sudden people are reacting as if they've just removed them from the game.

People are freaking out because this is screwing over F2P and mid-tier players who don’t have the requirements to do this and need the 4*s they have on their team because the RNG is against them. If it was an event that lasted a month and rarely showed up, it would be a different story, but this is permanent content. Having a star requirements on paths were one certain champ can last the entire thing is still a terrible idea. RNG should not determine whether you can do certain content. It can screw you over and prolong the content you could have gotten done month before with a 4* of the same champion
    What you need to do it is 5*s and 6*s. What may be missing are the OP Synergies, or the heavy-hitting Champs that make it much easier. That doesn't mean people don't have what they NEED to do it. It just means they don't have the fastest options. No one has even tried yet. It's not even live. Yes, it means you might not be able to rely on the same Synergies and DPS hitters. Ergo, it will be more challenging for some. That's the whole point.
    It would be the same amount of difficulty even without the requirements.
    Why you defend terrible ideas like this dude. This is a way to get called out for the terrible points and keep be the first too say all these terrible ideas they bring are like the best idea and can’t be topped?
    No, it wouldn't be the same amount of difficulty. Otherwise there wouldn't be the roadblock.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    This is ok guys. Why finish the content right away. I am more disgusted avout UNAVOIDABLE DAMAGE than anything else.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,168 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

@GroundedWisdom I believe you have the same understanding that I have: for example, a particular path or quest might require 2 6* champions to enter.

Where this leads can be problematic—if, for example, there are combo gates...imagine a path that requires 2 Mystic 6* champs. I have none. In fact, I don’t have a Mutant 6*. A path or a quest with a Mystic/Mutant 6* prerequisite leaves me out. If, as @DTMelodicMetal suggests, this is a potential developer theme going forward, the answer for me going forward is an easy one. In essence, “git gud” has become “git lucky.”

Dr. Zola

I can see how that's problematic. I wasn't registerting a pro or con on that one. Just explaining my own interpretation of the comment.
  • TrackerX55TrackerX55 Posts: 45
    People, Kabam's hands are tied by NETMARBLE, as they have been since the v12 update debacle, which was the lynchpin in the purchase of Kabam by Netmarble. The Netmarble business model has destroyed every game they have purchased and MCOC is slowly going the same route. The only reason it hasn't died yet is because of the community that was built prior to the Netmarble purchase, but that community is being destroyed from the inside by the trolls that have been planted to create infighting. Your choices are limited, I for one am not paying exorbitant prices for a silly game..
  • MavRCK_MavRCK_ Posts: 467 ★★★
    Fyi 4* rank 5 are Challenger Rating CR100 as are 5* Rank 3. They’re equivalent in power... So the argument that someone may not be ready to do Act 6 because they need 5* Champions isn’t supported by this logic.

Absolutely one of the reasons the community is upset is the synergy opportunity using 5* and 4* in a team... another is the money, time and resources invested into a 4* roster. There are many justifiable reasons. Good discussion.
  • Da_King_LpDa_King_Lp Posts: 29
    Fighting amongst each other isn't the objective here. My point is, it's a free to play game if you chose. Kabam has consistently put out new content EVERY MONTH. Even if act 6 is beyond a good amount of players, there will still be plenty of fighting (in game) to be done. Don't get so worked up over 1 piece of content when there is plenty available and even more to come. Don't be so quick to jump on the bandwagon, if you have enjoyed the game so far, continue to do so. Act 6 will be here forever. Kabam is a business, they need to make money to keep the game around so that shouldn't be a focal point of this debate... no money no game. If you don't want to spend you don't have to, they don't have in game ads which I appreciate so They need to "milk the whales" to keep it free to play.
  • Da_King_LpDa_King_Lp Posts: 29
    What I chose to do is NOT rank ANY champ until I have a need for them. When I got to a point where 4*s were not need, I stopped ranking them, "good tier" or not. Now I only rank top 5*s, in the future only top 6*s. People are talked into ranking up champs by YouTubers, instead of focusing on their actual needs. Simply think for your self and your own needs.
  • MavRCK_MavRCK_ Posts: 467 ★★★
    6* Rank 1 CR 110 = 5* Rank 4 CR 110

Why the 6* requirement?

Sigh.

It was bad enough with the 4 / 5 * issue and the terrible explanation for the 5* only requirement. Now there’s a 6* requirement?!

Stop this Kabam. Just do the right thing and buy the bag. Aka get rid of gating now and forever.