**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

Alliance Quest Season 6 - Discussion Thread

Comments

• LongtimegamerLongtimegamer Posts: 179 ★★★

GW doesn't know what happened because he clearly doesn't play at that level.

Map 6 is much harder than it was last year even when accounting for stronger rosters because:

a. prestige cap was lifted
    b. much more difficult defenders
    c. on much more difficult nodes

I responded the the implication they made it harder than Rosters can manage. Not true.
    Oh, players can "manage" it. They just have to spend a lot more on potions fighting harder defenders on harder nodes, which is fact and can't be disputed.
    That's not what was originally commented. The implication was they were trying to make money by increasing the difficulty beyond what people can do.
    By increasing difficulty, players will spend more on potions and Kabam makes more money. Not a stretch to say that companies all over the world do this on purpose lmao. Man...you're funny. Can't get through to you.
    By switching up the challenge, it keeps it fresh, instead of the same thing over and over. The statement was made that it was harder than people can manage. It's not. For that matter, if you're using that many Items, you're probably playing a Map above your capabilities.
    If players can handle a map and Kabam makes it disproportionately more difficult, and players can't handle it without spending a lot more items or stepping to a lower map, that's regression, not progression.
    No, that's playing the Map you're capable of.
    If they're capable of less, that's regression.
    That's progress. The game grows, so do Rosters. You either adapt to the changes and grow into them, or you play something that doesn't cost you buckets of potions. It runs every week so it's not like there isn't enough practice.
    It's not progress when players step down in content, quit alliances, or go into retirement or semi-retirement. You'd know this if you played anywhere competitively. The game is almost disappearing at the top...guys tired of the cost of AW, AQ, and the overall grind.
    No. Progress is growing through new challenges.
    When the cost of growth becomes so high that players get frustrated and quit, then there's no game at all anymore. Which is what we're seeing. You'd know this if you played competitively, which you don't.

Tons of end gamers selling their accounts and hanging it up. Super skilled players dropping from master to gold because of the cost. Tons of teams tired of war for 5+ seasons now, barely running it, only logging in to run AQ. We saw the nodes in the s10 beta and that'll get more guys to quit. And now we've got changes to AQ that make it much harder with barely any improvement in rewards.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,168 ★★★★★

GW doesn't know what happened because he clearly doesn't play at that level.

Map 6 is much harder than it was last year even when accounting for stronger rosters because:

a. prestige cap was lifted
    b. much more difficult defenders
    c. on much more difficult nodes

I responded the the implication they made it harder than Rosters can manage. Not true.
    Oh, players can "manage" it. They just have to spend a lot more on potions fighting harder defenders on harder nodes, which is fact and can't be disputed.
    That's not what was originally commented. The implication was they were trying to make money by increasing the difficulty beyond what people can do.
    By increasing difficulty, players will spend more on potions and Kabam makes more money. Not a stretch to say that companies all over the world do this on purpose lmao. Man...you're funny. Can't get through to you.
    By switching up the challenge, it keeps it fresh, instead of the same thing over and over. The statement was made that it was harder than people can manage. It's not. For that matter, if you're using that many Items, you're probably playing a Map above your capabilities.
    If players can handle a map and Kabam makes it disproportionately more difficult, and players can't handle it without spending a lot more items or stepping to a lower map, that's regression, not progression.
    No, that's playing the Map you're capable of.
    If they're capable of less, that's regression.
    That's progress. The game grows, so do Rosters. You either adapt to the changes and grow into them, or you play something that doesn't cost you buckets of potions. It runs every week so it's not like there isn't enough practice.
    It's not progress when players step down in content, quit alliances, or go into retirement or semi-retirement. You'd know this if you played anywhere competitively. The game is almost disappearing at the top...guys tired of the cost of AW, AQ, and the overall grind.
    No. Progress is growing through new challenges.
    When the cost of growth becomes so high that players get frustrated and quit, then there's no game at all anymore. Which is what we're seeing. You'd know this if you played competitively, which you don't.

Tons of end gamers selling their accounts and hanging it up. Super skilled players dropping from master to gold because of the cost. Tons of teams tired of war for 5+ seasons now, barely running it, only logging in to run AQ. We saw the nodes in the s10 beta and that'll get more guys to quit. And now we've got changes to AQ that make it much harder with barely any improvement in rewards.
    You can keep saying I don't understand because I don't play competitively, but if people don't want to play anymore, there's nothing that can be said for that. Some people get tired of growing and adjusting. It happens. Others will adapt and move on. That doesn't mean the game needs to stay the same forever, because then EVERYONE gets bored and quits. There's also no growth in a stagnant system. They're not likely going to stop making changes because some get tired of trying to keep up. That's a personal issue.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    I feel like there were a lot of people that went so hard getting their 5* rosters up thinking that was gonna be it, they'd finally be done pushing, and completely missed the point of games like this. You're never done. There's always going to be another progression step.

I feel like there were a lot of people that went so hard getting their 5* rosters up thinking that was gonna be it, they'd finally be done pushing, and completely missed the point of games like this. You're never done. There's always going to be another progression step.

Of course. If they never added challenges and layers, we'd be discussing a game that lasted a year.
  • StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    The changes are welcome if the rewards are updated too :)
    I'm eager to see how we will be able to handle the Hyperion with the Spite and Oscillate buffs :wink:

Just have to hope Kabam will test the whole thing BEFORE releasing it so the forum do not inflame itself on the newest AQ difficulty :D
  • PiviotPiviot Posts: 658 ★★★
    edited May 2019
    doesn’t matter what I thought
  • Ultra8529Ultra8529 Posts: 526 ★★★
    @GroundedWisdom

Do you accept as a fact that Map 6 AQ has become harder, relative to account progression, today than it was a year ago?

If you answer is no, then what are your counter-points to the three or more points that have been raised in this thread?
  • LucasBishopXLucasBishopX Posts: 28
    I don’t know if it’s just me, or...

Has the AI been watching Dorky Diggity Dave videos? Lol!

I’m from Toronto, Canada 🇨🇦

Lately, I just hate playing on my server in general. Feels like since the last update, the AI is super defensive in all areas of the game now and it’s seriously annoying. All they wanna do is guard and intercept. Parry fails, with the words “parry” appearing but not affecting the opponent. Also noticed some peculiar coordinated lag with certain AI attacks, which is seemingly intended to catch us off guard. Some fights in Alliance Quest are just timing out that never used to before the update, due to the AI constantly playing overly defensive. The change is very noticeable. @Kabam Miike
  • LegendsendLegendsend Posts: 92
    edited May 2019
    I'm not gonna lie... I am highly conflicted... A great portion of this sounds pretty cool... My problem is that you havent even fixed the problem with the bugs and the sentinels but yet you are making alliance quests a higher difficulty... This is definitely higher in difficulty than the current version which would not be a problem if the games internal issues were already resolved... I just find it a little difficult to fathom that you are working on new content before you even fix the issues with the current content. I dont play this game as much as I did before because of these issues but I still play this game a good amount and when I lose a fight I want it to be because I made a critical lapse in judgement and not because the game is not working as intended. Does this next version address the previous issues with a correction?
    edited May 2019
    Also... does this mean that we have to bring incinerate immune, poison immune, coldsnap immune and bleed immune champs now??? Incinerate and bleed is already a definite due to morningstar and that new node... you can find a way to get through by not hitting into block (though on some days and with some characters that will be quite difficult) so you might be able to skate the coldsnap portion but im pretty sure theres poison in there as well... sheesh... If so then how sway????
  • battleonebattleone Posts: 286 ★★
    I've read a good deal of this post and seen 2 major concerns, difficulty and timers/syncing with alliance mates.

I see lot of nodes that are very character (a few at best) specific. This will increase diversity on the characters used. This is a goal Kabam has had for a long time and started in alliance wars. They have a ton of characters and want to encourage diversity and teamwork. Back in the day, it was do you have this specific OP champ? yes? you are valued, come to our alliance. Void is the AW example of this. You pretty much needed a void in each bg for war. Coming from a low p3 alliance at that time (seasons 1-2) If you didnt have a void in each bg you struggled mightily, it was haves and have nots. These nodes are just a huge expansion to this concept. The summoners with some (currently) obscure champ at r4 r5 is now going to be valued. You're going to 'need that guy' on your team.

for example

Footloose
    After activating a Special Attack, the Defender becomes Unstoppable and has a X% chance to Evade incoming attacks for X seconds.
    With the Slow Debuff, you’ll be able to completely shut this down. She-Hulk and Spider-Gwen are the best Champions here, but anyone who can Power Control or remove Unstoppable will also be useful.

They are saying it in so many words right there. Please use these champs. Please rank them up. We worked on them, we revamped them, now use them........

As for timers, as someone who thrives on efficiency, I get it why they don't want to make timers 30 minutes. In addition to Kabam's business related reasons, 30 minute timers do put pressure on the pace of AQ. The general logic in AQ is when I am clear, tag your teammate and the come clear you. I've definitely had teammates before that get kind of burnt out during 30 minute timer weeks. They are on the game much more frequently then they want to be. Do the have to be? no, but it is the culture of the game and expectations of teammates.

I think a great solution in AQ would be one of 2 things. Increase the energy cap and/or create a help system to encourage teamwork and get a couple extra energy during the course of an AQ day. It should be enough for that little extra burst you need to make 1 or 2 less appearances in game or reach that node holding up your teammate etc....
    Commando said:

In Variation 2 Section 2 Path 10 you have added Color Blind. What exactly is this buff? @Kabam Miike

This means you're going to do the same damage with luk cage as you're gonna do with mr sinister lol nah but I would like to know tho

Is anyone else concerned about having a Hyperion as a map 5 mini? A 35k Hype sounds like a nightmare unless boss killers run amazing power control champs which not everyone has. This seems very problematic to me.

Power control champs dont have the immunities you need for aq unless you're using vision who hits like my 5 yr old daughter
    edited May 2019
    Ultra8529 said:

@GroundedWisdom

Do you accept as a fact that Map 6 AQ has become harder, relative to account progression, today than it was a year ago?

If you answer is no, then what are your counter-points to the three or more points that have been raised in this thread?

What points would that be? I'm not commenting on Timers anymore.
    There have been a couple changes to AQ in the last year. People have adjusted. Account progression is individual. If you're saying the Maps have become more difficult than people can keep up with, I disagree. The only way stagnancy occurs is if nothing changes, usually from doing the same thing over and over. Not changing strategies, not bringing different Champs, being overly-selective and missing options that work, not doing it consistently, not Ranking Champs, etc. Progression is a byproduct of playing the game. With AQ, we do it every week. If people aren't becoming more efficient at it with consistent effort, then the variable is undoubtedly on their part. I do not agree that they're trying to phase people out of the Maps. They're freshening up the challenge in them. It takes effort to adjust and keep up. Sorry, I do not agree with your theory that they're trying to make it harder than people can manage. If people can't manage, they're playing above their pay grade. Simple as that.
  • AkhilxcxAkhilxcx Posts: 255 ★★

Ultra8529 said:

@GroundedWisdom

There have been a couple changes to AQ in the last year. People have adjusted. Account progression is individual. If you're saying the Maps have become more difficult than people can keep up with, I disagree. The only way stagnancy occurs is if nothing changes, usually from doing the same thing over and over. Not changing strategies, not bringing different Champs, being overly-selective and missing options that work, not doing it consistently, not Ranking Champs, etc. Progression is a byproduct of playing the game. With AQ, we do it every week. If people aren't becoming more efficient at it with consistent effort, then the variable is undoubtedly on their part. I do not agree that they're trying to phase people out of the Maps. They're freshening up the challenge in them. It takes effort to adjust and keep up. Sorry, I do not agree with your theory that they're trying to make it harder than people can manage. If people can't manage, they're playing above their pay grade. Simple as that.
    sorry i disagree with you here completely about refreshing maps and putting in new defenders. most people heavily relies on rng to get champs that can counter the champs of the new meta. but the term rng means they can get champs that are from old meta thus making it difficult for them to succeed as much as people with new meta champs are going to. remember not everyone can have same rng so it all comes down to skill but nowadays kabam has introduced champs that requires specific counters so i don’t blame anyone that says new maps are difficult
    There's a number of counters within the game. If you don't have a counter for a specific Path, switch with an Ally Member for one you do. That's where strategy comes in.

There's a number of counters within the game. If you don't have a counter for a specific Path, switch with an Ally Member for one you do. That's where strategy comes in.

and hence your assumptions that my ally members are luckier than me. it doesn't work that way.
    Yes it does. If you have an Ally full of people who aren't equipped for the Map, you're doing the wrong Map. Otherwise, that's where the leadership comes in to organize people where they have strengths.

Yes it does. If you have an Ally full of people who aren't equipped for the Map, you're doing the wrong Map. Otherwise, that's where the leadership comes in to organize people where they have strengths.

so after having so many r4 5*s you think we are not equipped to play map5??? wow you are delusional. you just don't want to accept the fact that it gets harder each day and blaming our skill level and our bad rng bcoz we chose to rank up what kabam gave us.
    edited May 2019
    Each day? They make changes to AQ each day? Hmm...
    You're the one that mentioned the RNG and not having a counter, or other Ally mates not having a counter. I responded to that. Now you're saying you have R5s and can handle it. So which is it? I can only respond to what you say.
    It's not getting harder each day. They switch it up periodically. Same as they've always done.
    edited May 2019

Ultra8529 said:

@GroundedWisdom

You dodged my question. Stop making it about what Kabam is trying to do, or whether it is "harder than what people can do".

Objectively, yes or no only, is Map 6 today harder than it was a year ago?
    You are the one that's dodging what you yourself brought up with another question. I'm not playing a game. I'm having a discussion.
    edited May 2019
    AQ is not going to stay the same forever. They will switch out the Nodes and Champs from time to time. That's because the game is growing constantly. This is done so the mode doesn't become a mindless repetition year after year. Not to make it harder on people, to farm money. That's the bottom line. Is it harder? Depends on the person playing. If they're doing the same thing they did a year ago and expecting it to work the same way it did a year ago, then that might pose some difficulty, yes. Things change to meet the growing Meta.

You are the one that's dodging what you yourself brought up with another question. I'm not playing a game. I'm having a discussion.

Dodged the question again. I'm asking you this so we can narrow the areas of disagreement.

Yes or no, do you agree that Map 6 today is harder than it was a year ago?
    You're trying to deflect my thoughts by whether or not I'm playing Map 6. I'm not stupid. I'm just not biting.
    edited May 2019
    I'm not on Trial because I don't agree with your assertion that they're making it harder than people can manage.
    Before this becomes more quasi-personal, yes. It's been changed, and made more challenging. The Rewards have increased as well. The part I do not agree with is your statement that it's beyond what people are capable of. These improvements are made with a combination of feedback and data. Map 6 has been around for years now, and the part that I'm trying to bring home which is not getting through, is that the game has grown as well. Pretty much everything changes and grows, save for aspects like Storymode (which has also been reexamined), and ROL/LOL. The game has evolved and will continue to evolve.
    If people were trapped into going through the Maps, there might be some credence to the thought that they're just victims to unfair changes. However, there are a whole host of variables. We choose what Map we run. We continually improve our Rosters and strategies. We have newer Champs with newer Abilities. We grow along with the game. There is a great deal not being accounted for in saying it's too much. It's not too much for everyone running it. There's a lack of introspect.