**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Flow global node in War [Merged Threads]

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★

I'd hardly call it desperate. It's intended to provide a challenge level. Not to milk people. Whether or not they overshot the mark is on the table, for sure.

OMG do we again have the kid who has never played in high tier AW talking about high tier AW, also talking about the node that he has also never played against?? Dude, just realize when you’re out of your league, for gosh sakes.
    What are you talking about? I said it wasn't just designed to bleed people of money. Where did I even register an opinion on how it was fighting it? Do you realize how obtuse that same rebuttal sounds when it doesn't even pertain to what I said? Same response over and over. "You're not in that Tier."
    Very good. I'm not. Now how about what I actually said?!
    because not fighting the node you don't get just how ridiculous it is. you don't get what the people here are feeling after fighting a flow war.
    so while the people here maybe right or wrong about talking about whether it is a cash grab or not. YOU actually have no right to "express your views" when you "actually" haven't even ever faced it and don't understand what we on t1-t5 go through everyday.
    If someone on t1-t5 said this people might even debate about it but debating with you would be pure bs considering you have no experience with it.
    You keep making statements and when someone points out that you are not in their tier so you won't know, you just reply with that what you say doesn't matters whether you are in the t1-t5 bracket or not.
    But it does, because you have no idea what the player base has gone through in war this whole season. Then again I am sure you still won't stop making baseless statements on your own because you can't accept the fact that this isn't a thread where you enough experience to spout nonsense like the other threads.

I even explained how you flow restricts 3 champs to be used only and you still keep going on and on about diversity when flow keeps stopping exactly that. See this i where your knowledge about this topic ends. please stop it.
    Who is arguing with that? Did you not read the words I said, or are you just ignoring them? Seems like you're arguing with things I didn't even say. DID I SAY IT WASN'T RIDICULOUS? No. I specifically said I wasn't arguing with that feedback, and here we are still talking about how I know nothing because I haven't fought it. That would be called prejudice and ignorance.
  • Amadeo01Amadeo01 Posts: 212 ★★★
    Yea if flow gets adjusted, I am legitimately worried about what the next overtuned tactic will be. I fully agree with just removing defense tactics or making it an option you can choose so you get matched against others who also chose whether or not to have defense tactics.
  • OllyoxenfreeOllyoxenfree Posts: 248
    I think the only thing that needs changing is it stacking 3 times. If it was only 1 stack then it would be more manageable
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    @Kabam Miike jo any new info? Season will end in 2 days
  • FabFab Posts: 8
    edited May 2020
    Quite disappointed Not to see any announcement on this yet. Wars are none sense everyone use flow we all use tons of ressources and at tier 3 I rarely see a war going 100%.

This is a joke, I thought it was clear enough. But yet I see no announcement to remove or nerf badly this nonsense node that makes war painful instead of fun and challenging .

Many alliance already give up war, I may need to to the same but waiting to know what’s the plan .

What do you guys think? Come on help me get attention here . Let’s make some changes .

Cheers
  • Das_giDas_gi Posts: 320 ★★
    Learn to play. We won 10 out of 12 wars (1 of the losses was very close), all against flow and all against 10.6-11.2 alliance prestige alliances and half the wars I only needed 2 maybe 3 pots. Siphon with 1.5k block proficieny removal per blocked hit was a lot more annoying than flow is.

Flow opponents that you can stun are still easy asf. It’s the stun immune and debuff immune opponents that can be annoying but you can fix that by using the right champs
  • Das_gi said:

Learn to play. We won 10 out of 12 wars (1 of the losses was very close), all against flow and all against 10.6-11.2 alliance prestige alliances and half the wars I only needed 2 maybe 3 pots. Siphon with 1.5k block proficieny removal per blocked hit was a lot more annoying than flow is.

Flow opponents that you can stun are still easy asf. It’s the stun immune and debuff immune opponents that can be annoying but you can fix that by using the right champs

quite a strong assumption that everyone has the right champs, well done!
  • ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 840 ★★★★
    Gmonkey said:

Tier 6 is a joke vs. tier 5. The global nodes are so much harder. First siphon now flow what will the next disaster be for tactics. Can you at least beta the tactics before releasing them?

Yeah crazy difference between tier 5 and 6.
    My alliance has deliberately dropped down to tier 6 and will make sure we stay there.
    If we move up to tier 5 we'll boss rush until we drop back down.
    In tier 6 deaths are 4 times less and only a handful of items used across 3 BG's.
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    makes perfect sense why those new potion were released now that i think about it, alliance war as become a cash grab if you want to 100 % complete its like when MD was OP and before blade when all you saw was mystic champs then they came out with diversity, now they go back to the same nonsense with flow, all you see in war is flow gobal and champs ,mojo, warlock, IMIW, Magik etc. and half of your champ you rank up like domino, corvus any champ that crits are useless in AW now with flow unless you're boosting heavy, if you ask me AW is not worth the headache the rewards are not that big when you add the cost over 12 wars, better to focus on AQ, and spend your money on units to do abys and act 6.
  • the biggest problem with flow is powergain. Messing up with powermechanics in the game is always disastrous. Then you have champs that have totally unavoidable damage tactics gain this insane pwoergaining, thus dealing even more unavoidable damage.
    Champs like magik, mojo, dorm, warlock have such annoying unavoidable damage it is really insane.
    Their counters are nullified by the node, literally one or two counters to them ( only being magik, quake) for magik/ mojo matchups.
    Add in the insane ai now. They have become really really smart. Their speed is so much faster, they punish every mistake, throw in and mix in their lights and heavies to avoid parries, turtle to gain power and are more stubborn in throwing specials. That is what makes this global totally ****.
    I enjoy fighting flow global more than I enjoyed fighting siphon pre-nerf (1.5k block proficiency per hit in stead of 1k now) but I got the champs to fight flow opponents as all players in tier 5 or higher should have.

Here are a lot of options just from the top of my head:
    If you can’t quake and bake then quake parry. Magik can power lock all opponents the whole fight, doom has a passive stun and power drain, doc oc can power lock, dormammu can power lock, psylocke can power lock the opponent the whole fight, iceman can tank an sp3 every so many seconds, duped thing can tank an sp3 when you get your protection up, G2099 doesn’t crit, crossbones doesn’t crit, OR can keep up his death spores the whole fight with just 1 heavy every now and then and the rest just hits on block, wasp has passive stun after combo, doc voodoo can power burn the opponent, ghost can phase sp3’s with hood synergy, symbiote supreme can tank an sp3 with 15% damage cap at the start of his second phase, if you don’t care about the attack bonus then just corvus cheese, GP can power lock the opponent the whole fight if you can bleed the opponent, archangel can end most fights before the opponent gets to an sp3, so on

If you wouldn’t all use the same 10 champs, you’d know about a lot of these options.

Personally my team always exists of these champs:
    Doom
    G2099
    OR
    Domino
    Magik
    Corvus
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,416 ★★★★★
    Das_gi said:

I enjoy fighting flow global more than I enjoyed fighting siphon pre-nerf (1.5k block proficiency per hit in stead of 1k now) but I got the champs to fight flow opponents as all players in tier 5 or higher should have.

If you can’t quake and bake then quake parry. Magik can power lock all opponents the whole fight, doom has a passive stun and power drain, doc oc can power lock, dormammu can power lock, psylocke can power lock the opponent the whole fight, iceman can tank an sp3 every so many seconds, duped thing can tank an sp3 when you get your protection up, G2099 doesn’t crit, crossbones doesn’t crit, OR can keep up his death spores the whole fight with just 1 heavy every now and then and the rest just hits on block, wasp has passive stun after combo, doc voodoo can power burn the opponent, ghost can phase sp3’s with hood synergy, symbiote supreme can tank an sp3 with 15% damage cap at the start of his second phase, if you don’t care about the attack bonus then just corvus cheese, GP can power lock the opponent the whole fight if you can bleed the opponent, archangel can end most fights before the opponent gets to an sp3, so on

If you wouldn’t all use the same 10 champs, you’d know about a lot of these options.

Doom
    G2099
    OR
    Domino
    Magik
    Corvus

Everyone doesn't have those champs. It's very easy to talk.
    Been playing for 4 years. No Quake. Just pulled Magik. No GP. No AA. No Sym. No G99.
    I've tried Voodoo. A lot of the champs you talk about need to reach the L2. Even then, it's not perfect. Voodoo does crit. Hardly anyone takes Doc Ock to R5. You still have to reach L2 to play perfectly.
    Dorm is basically a timeout. Same with Psylock.
    CB sucks vs all mystic champs. Even then, his block prof isn't great when you go into overrun. And taking him to R5 just for 2-3 champs seems kinda pointless since he doesn't have much use otherwise. Iceman will just die if you keep getting crits. 4.5 bars in 15 seconds if 3 crits. Ice Armour doesn't come back that fast. Wasp will passive stun and then apply 2 crits with the rest of her heavy. So that's useless. And a lot of these champs won't work against Robots/stun or debuff immune nodes.
    Also, not caring about attack bonus is just a way to lose war.
    You can still manage Siphon. I faced 5 champs with Void this war. Few were flow, couple weren't. In all of the fights, crits were random. Hard to bait out, but I got lucky with petrify. Went in vs boss, first 3 hits, 3 crits. Please tell me how you counter that without a champ that doesn't crit. Just keep talking about G99 and sit there. Need to understand that even at high prestige, EVERYONE DOESN'T HAVE THOSE CHAMPS. Thanks and have a good day.

Das_gi said:

Doom
    G2099
    OR
    Domino
    Magik
    Corvus

Been playing for 4 years. No Quake. Just pulled Magik. No GP. No AA. No Sym. No G99.
    I've tried Voodoo. A lot of the champs you talk about need to reach the L2. Even then, it's not perfect. Voodoo does crit. Hardly anyone takes Doc Ock to R5. You still have to reach L2 to play perfectly.
    CB sucks vs all mystic champs. Even then, his block prof isn't great when you go into overrun. And taking him to R5 just for 2-3 champs seems kinda pointless since he doesn't have much use otherwise. Iceman will just die if you keep getting crits. 4.5 bars in 15 seconds if 3 crits. Ice Armour doesn't come back that fast. Wasp will passive stun and then apply 2 crits with the rest of her heavy. So that's useless. And a lot of these champs won't work against Robots/stun or debuff immune nodes.
    You can still manage Siphon. I faced 5 champs with Void this war. Few were flow, couple weren't. In all of the fights, crits were random. Hard to bait out, but I got lucky with petrify. Went in vs boss, first 3 hits, 3 crits. Please tell me how you counter that without a champ that doesn't crit. Just keep talking about G99 and sit there. Need to understand that even at high prestige, EVERYONE DOESN'T HAVE THOSE CHAMPS. Thanks and have a good day.
    Thanks and have a nice day as well. Every person with 10.6k+ prestige should have at least 20 R5’s or R2 6*’s even when ftp (cause outside 4th of july and cyber monday the past 2 years I haven’t ever bought a single odin) and did all my content with earned units from arena, eq and so on. You shouldn’t be in tier 5 and up if you don’t have at least one of those options.

The fact that there are 5k-8k prestige alliances in tier 5 and above is the real problem cause none of them should ever be there.

Also you do know that G2099 and warlock (the robot control champs) can easily be countered by 2 champs being medusa and vision aarkus (there you go another two options for flow opponents).

I even forgot about KM who after an sp2 can just tank an sp3 as well and if you bring the right synergy he even starts with 3 indistructable charges
    edited May 2020
    Das_gi said:

Das_gi said:

Doom
    G2099
    OR
    Domino
    Magik
    Corvus

Thanks and have a nice day as well. Every person with 10.6k+ prestige should have at least 20 R5’s or R2 6*’s even when ftp (cause outside 4th of july and cyber monday the past 2 years I haven’t ever bought a single odin) and did all my content with earned units from arena, eq and so on. You shouldn’t be in tier 5 and up if you don’t have at least one of those options.

The fact that there are 5k-8k prestige alliances in tier 5 and above is the real problem cause none of them should ever be there.

Also you do know that G2099 and warlock (the robot control champs) can easily be countered by 2 champs being medusa and vision aarkus (there you go another two options for flow opponents).

I even forgot about KM who after an sp2 can just tank an sp3 as well and if you bring the right synergy he even starts with 3 indistructable charges
    False. All alliances in T5 and above are not 10.6k prestige. I'm in an alliance with 10.2k, and a lot of is don't have the options. Don't tell me that only alliances with prestige above 10.6k should be there in T5 or above because that's utter bs.
    Pulls are all RNG. Simple as that. You can't base anything on stuff like that. We have to manage with the champs we get. G2099 and Warlock only get armour break with Aarkus if I'm not mistaken. And Warlock can stop Dusa's abilities from working with the infection. Also, neither of them work on Debuff immune. KM is a good option I agree, but again, everyone doesn't have him. All your so called counters depend on champs cooperation and everyone having them. I'm 10k prestige, have 15 R5 and 1 R2 and can take up more but I don't have most of the champs you call counters. Why? Simply because RNG sucks. Once more, just as a reply to the new counters you posted, no KM,no Aarkus, no Dusa.

Siphon was a **** node, but atleast required a more skill. Some fights were garbage there too I admit, but flow is more of luck and less of skill.
    Agree to disagree, but there's no way you're changing my opinion or the opinion of so many people about this.

Guessing you wouldn’t like my defense. Also got a R5 magik, warlock and symbiote supreme that aren’t being used much. BW CV too but she’s used in aq a lot
  • Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 628 ★★★
    Das_gi said:

Doom
    G2099
    OR
    Domino
    Magik
    Corvus

All of your “solutions” works only on easy nodes that you can apply debuffs or stun them.
    The Flow global is manageable with every champ on easy node if you play slow and parry after every two-three hits.
    But when you get to the debuffs/stun immune nodes than it become annoying. Can’t stun/lock their power. Even when using champs that in normal fight barely crit suddenly become crit monsters (RNG is “fun”). Add MD to to that or champs that already have some kind of power gain in their ability (like Mordo) and it sucks all the fun.
    They need to tune it A LOT.

I’ll take some of you back to pre V12:
    Kabam mentioned that as long as Scarlet Witch, Black Widow, Thor, Doctor Strange are overpowered everyone choose to play with them and it’s bad for the future of the game so they “tune” them down a lot.
    Same with masteries... kabam said that they don’t want every player to have one set if masteries that is “the perfect mastery” so they tune them too and now every player as a different set and sometimes even change it between fights.
    It should be the same with Counter tactic... As long as you see 99% of the alliance choose Flow global it means that this node is by far the “best” node (or worst...) and it need to be tune as well
  • Amadeo01Amadeo01 Posts: 212 ★★★
    Yes, it's always been 3 max stacks. This change just means you're not entirely helpless against stun/debuff immune nodes. It's an improvement, but it won't do anything to save you if they have a few stacks and they play defensively for just a few seconds.
  • Mninobody said:

@Kabam Miike can we ask who you (meaning the decision maker) spoke to in restructuring this node and what feedback you used to come to this decision? Wondering if you all understood the overwhelming response to this node made many either stop or want to stop AW? I believe Kabam’s intent is to make things fun and challenging and want to make sure you all are truly understanding the taste this is leaving.
    Can we get clarity into your decision and why?

The decisions were made on a number of factors, including the feedback in this thread and other areas of the Community. We agreed that it's too hard to work around, and more punishing in higher tiers (the stack limit was 5 and 4 in the highest tiers).

This is still meant to be a challenge and change up what Champions you choose to bring into War, as Defense Tactics have always meant to do. Alliance War is competitive and is not meant to be easy.
    edited May 2020
    They basically just changed the ability to stun the champs. Nice. What a waste of a rework. It was always 3 stacks. The global node is terrible, but we're going to have to live with this for the foreseeable future. Great job Kabam.
    Would love to see the developers actually play this game.
    A well timed block on counter tactics will still kill you.