General Game Feedback [Merged Threads]

15455575960118

Comments

  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 10,840 ★★★★★
    edited May 2020
    yeah, I hope this ccp stuff is big
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 27,120 ★★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

    yeah, I hope this ccp stuff is big

    Just editing.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 10,840 ★★★★★

    Lvernon15 said:

    yeah, I hope this ccp stuff is big

    Just editing.
    It went 4 pages back and the last message was recent so I thought it wasn’t, saw it did so just edited it
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 12,227 Guardian

    @Kabam Miike It would be better if you can increase the max perfect block mastery from 4 % to 50 %. This will really help us a lot to deal with the rediculous block damage in Act 6.
    If you think this is op, then atleast think of increase block proficiency.

    Currently each blocked hit is costing 6 % of max health for a 5 *R5 champion. This is ridiculous and not fun at all as some of the champions special attacks has to be blocked

    If you had the much block proficiency than the attack values mean little to nothing outside of the sp3. I have no issues with that at all but Kabam wouldn't go for it unfortunately.
    I don't think they are going to want to add that much perfect block proficiency back into the game because it would stack in uncontrollable ways with different champs.

    Perfect blocks reduce damage to zero, so the mitigation they provide escalates fast. If you give +50% PB to a champ with no intrinsic PB chance, you basically reduce blocked damage by half. But if you give that same mastery addition to a champ that has, say, 30% intrinsic PB, then their damage mitigation on blocked hits rises from taking 70% of that damage to taking 20% of that damage. In effect, that champion is incrementally getting a 71% reduction in blocked damage. Moreover, something that goes from taking 100 damage to taking 50 damage has effectively increased their survivability to double what it was originally. But someone reducing their incoming damage from 70 to 20 has increased their survivability to 350% of what it was originally. As it stacks it gets rapidly stronger (obviously, the extreme case is if you could stack this on a champ with 50% PB intrinsically, PB would go to 100% and they would take zero damage from blocked hits, which is an infinite amount of survivability for blocked attacks). This is quickly going to make champions with intrinsic perfect block chance "necessary" to get the most out of the mastery. I'm not sure I would like where that goes. That's why they got rid of the leadership perfect block synergies in the first place.

    You could add more block proficiency in a less dangerous way (since block proficiency is a flat stat, and thus subject to diminishing returns) but Kabam's response to high block is already to add block penetration to the game. It only puts us back to square one if we ask for high block, and the content designers respond with block penetration. The same thought process that says don't lower attack will also prompt them to counter block with block penetration. It is that vicious cycle that has to break first, or damage mitigation will just get countered with damage magnification.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 27,120 ★★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

    bdawg923 said:

    Hopefully Kabam releases the info they told the CCP today. The longer we wait, the more the hype goes down and the more we will be disappointed (only if it's disappointing, the news can also be awesome).

    We've already talked about that information in this thread. They've been given a preview of some content and updates that we've been working on for a while. This is something that we've been doing for quite some time, so they can prepare their Content.

    All of that will be revealed to everybody in the near future as well. But none of the content that they saw was in response to the feedback in this thread, or other channels that we've received lately. We're still working on that ourselves.
    Crazy coincidence how the biggest mcoc YouTuber made a video that really struck a nerve and you guys have been working on this stuff for awhile. I just don't buy it. It really seems like kabam is scrambling to make game changes due to the community uproar. Which is a shame. The community has been asking for these changes for at least 2-3 years yet somehow you're coincidentally ready now. It should never have gotten to the point where changes happen only when people threaten to quit.
    This is why we can't have nice things.
    We don’t seem to get nice things without an uproar
    Miike just clarified that the sneak peek was already in the works for some time, so it would have come regardless. Don't get me wrong. I'm happy they're listening to people, but this whole degradation of the process isn't helping. Someone retired, and a number of people weren't happy with Act 7. Then it turned into a whole discussion about every issue that people have with the game. That's what it is. Some good came out of it because a dialog was opened up. I see very little productivity in beating up the process.
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,805 ★★★★★

    H3t3r said:

    Hopefully Kabam releases the info they told the CCP today. The longer we wait, the more the hype goes down and the more we will be disappointed (only if it's disappointing, the news can also be awesome).

    We've already talked about that information in this thread. They've been given a preview of some content and updates that we've been working on for a while. This is something that we've been doing for quite some time, so they can prepare their Content.

    All of that will be revealed to everybody in the near future as well. But none of the content that they saw was in response to the feedback in this thread, or other channels that we've received lately. We're still working on that ourselves.
    You mentioned a roadmap earlier in this thread is that still to be released or has those plans changed?
    Yes and no. We still plan on releasing one, but not the one we had planned. We're in the process of taking this feedback into account and looking at the roadmap to see what needs to change, and what we can act on quickly.

    That's going to take a little bit, but I will let you guys know as soon as I have information on it.
    I don't understand why people are disagreeing with this statement by Kabam Miike. They need time to take this 57-page monstrous thread and really think through everything, and that doesn't just happen overnight. I know I had said for them to release the CCP info, but when he said that they hadn't incorporated this feedback in yet, I'd rather wait until the feedback is incorporated until an official announcement.
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,805 ★★★★★
    bdawg923 said:

    H3t3r said:

    Hopefully Kabam releases the info they told the CCP today. The longer we wait, the more the hype goes down and the more we will be disappointed (only if it's disappointing, the news can also be awesome).

    We've already talked about that information in this thread. They've been given a preview of some content and updates that we've been working on for a while. This is something that we've been doing for quite some time, so they can prepare their Content.

    All of that will be revealed to everybody in the near future as well. But none of the content that they saw was in response to the feedback in this thread, or other channels that we've received lately. We're still working on that ourselves.
    You mentioned a roadmap earlier in this thread is that still to be released or has those plans changed?
    Yes and no. We still plan on releasing one, but not the one we had planned. We're in the process of taking this feedback into account and looking at the roadmap to see what needs to change, and what we can act on quickly.

    That's going to take a little bit, but I will let you guys know as soon as I have information on it.
    I don't understand why people are disagreeing with this statement by Kabam Miike. They need time to take this 57-page monstrous thread and really think through everything, and that doesn't just happen overnight. I know I had said for them to release the CCP info, but when he said that they hadn't incorporated this feedback in yet, I'd rather wait until the feedback is incorporated until an official announcement.
    I think people are disagreeing because people have been asking for changes for a LONG time. And these changes should've been in game ages ago. This statement by Miike makes it seem like the outcry caught them by surprise when instead it has been slowly simmering for years and they chose to ignore it until Seatin made a video.
    Fair enough. I just find it contradictory that when Kabam Miike clearly states that his team and him need more time to thoroughly look through all of this great feedback, people start disagreeing.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 1,881 ★★★★★

    bdawg923 said:

    H3t3r said:

    Hopefully Kabam releases the info they told the CCP today. The longer we wait, the more the hype goes down and the more we will be disappointed (only if it's disappointing, the news can also be awesome).

    We've already talked about that information in this thread. They've been given a preview of some content and updates that we've been working on for a while. This is something that we've been doing for quite some time, so they can prepare their Content.

    Fair enough. I just find it contradictory that when Kabam Miike clearly states that his team and him need more time to thoroughly look through all of this great feedback, people start disagreeing.
    I think this boils down to players just wanting action. Kabam has no issue deleting comments that don't help the thread so I think comments that derail such as those will be removed.

    For this specific case the seriousness needs to be expressed. Perfect example, look at the first thread on the champion 6.2.6 boss. It had more pages than this and he's still the same champion with 5 indestructible charges. So the amount of feedback isn't a solid indicator.
  • LunaeLunae Posts: 371 ★★★

    DNA3000 said:

    @Kabam Miike It would be better if you can increase the max perfect block mastery from 4 % to 50 %. This will really help us a lot to deal with the rediculous block damage in Act 6.
    If you think this is op, then atleast think of increase block proficiency.

    Currently each blocked hit is costing 6 % of max health for a 5 *R5 champion. This is ridiculous and not fun at all as some of the champions special attacks has to be blocked

    If you had the much block proficiency than the attack values mean little to nothing outside of the sp3. I have no issues with that at all but Kabam wouldn't go for it unfortunately.
    I don't think they are going to want to add that much perfect block proficiency back into the game because it would stack in uncontrollable ways with different champs.

    Perfect blocks reduce damage to zero, so the mitigation they provide escalates fast. If you give +50% PB to a champ with no intrinsic PB chance, you basically reduce blocked damage by half. But if you give that same mastery addition to a champ that has, say, 30% intrinsic PB, then their damage mitigation on blocked hits rises from taking 70% of that damage to taking 20% of that damage. In effect, that champion is incrementally getting a 71% reduction in blocked damage. Moreover, something that goes from taking 100 damage to taking 50 damage has effectively increased their survivability to double what it was originally. But someone reducing their incoming damage from 70 to 20 has increased their survivability to 350% of what it was originally. As it stacks it gets rapidly stronger (obviously, the extreme case is if you could stack this on a champ with 50% PB intrinsically, PB would go to 100% and they would take zero damage from blocked hits, which is an infinite amount of survivability for blocked attacks). This is quickly going to make champions with intrinsic perfect block chance "necessary" to get the most out of the mastery. I'm not sure I would like where that goes. That's why they got rid of the leadership perfect block synergies in the first place.

    You could add more block proficiency in a less dangerous way (since block proficiency is a flat stat, and thus subject to diminishing returns) but Kabam's response to high block is already to add block penetration to the game. It only puts us back to square one if we ask for high block, and the content designers respond with block penetration. The same thought process that says don't lower attack will also prompt them to counter block with block penetration. It is that vicious cycle that has to break first, or damage mitigation will just get countered with damage magnification.
    Perfect block was one of the biggest issues Kabam wanted to fix pre 12.0 but I remember that era of the game vividly and people were still having fun at that time. Sure I think perfect block would make all the whales roll through the content and anyone t3 level skill and above but with the nodes combinations this game would still be hard for majority of the fan base.

    If perfect block was reintroduced it would stop all the fear of Kabam scaling attacks with each chapter. If the attack values were reasonable than I wouldn't even want to touch this subject but since they haven't been scaled properly since 6.1 I think its not the worse thing in the world. The community would deem this going too far though I'm sure.
    Wasnt perfect block removed so players couldnt cheese content with starlord or something to that effect? The bases being everything was so op they couldnt design future content without 12.0 nerf. Atleast that was the justification at the time. Could be perfect block was just consequently hit to stop Thor and his armor breaks with diminishing returns in general and not necessary intended. All I remember is that Dr. Strange apparently didnt learn his lesson after his 1st accident cause he got messed up :D Darn his taste for luxury cars and reckless driving
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 27,120 ★★★★★

    bdawg923 said:

    H3t3r said:

    Hopefully Kabam releases the info they told the CCP today. The longer we wait, the more the hype goes down and the more we will be disappointed (only if it's disappointing, the news can also be awesome).

    We've already talked about that information in this thread. They've been given a preview of some content and updates that we've been working on for a while. This is something that we've been doing for quite some time, so they can prepare their Content.

    All of that will be revealed to everybody in the near future as well. But none of the content that they saw was in response to the feedback in this thread, or other channels that we've received lately. We're still working on that ourselves.
    You mentioned a roadmap earlier in this thread is that still to be released or has those plans changed?
    Yes and no. We still plan on releasing one, but not the one we had planned. We're in the process of taking this feedback into account and looking at the roadmap to see what needs to change, and what we can act on quickly.

    That's going to take a little bit, but I will let you guys know as soon as I have information on it.
    I don't understand why people are disagreeing with this statement by Kabam Miike. They need time to take this 57-page monstrous thread and really think through everything, and that doesn't just happen overnight. I know I had said for them to release the CCP info, but when he said that they hadn't incorporated this feedback in yet, I'd rather wait until the feedback is incorporated until an official announcement.
    I think people are disagreeing because people have been asking for changes for a LONG time. And these changes should've been in game ages ago. This statement by Miike makes it seem like the outcry caught them by surprise when instead it has been slowly simmering for years and they chose to ignore it until Seatin made a video.
    Fair enough. I just find it contradictory that when Kabam Miike clearly states that his team and him need more time to thoroughly look through all of this great feedback, people start disagreeing.
    Which was my point earlier. Some won't be satisfied regardless of what comes.
  • slackerslacker Posts: 551 ★★★
    I feel like they should make featured crystal shard for new champ that gonna realise so everyone could try it, the unit one too costly for f2p because low drop rate that wil have to buy more, and only whale or who have lot of unit could do a 10 roll crystal like some gacha games, and arena only allow 150 person to get which mostly whale too
Sign In or Register to comment.