**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Dev Diary: The Future of Quests

Comments

• Options
    Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    So it says that the act 6 changes will be in place before book 2 release, but is there an exact date at all on the changes to attack values for example? Would be nice for those to release as early as possible even if it’s separate to specific encounter changes.
  • Options
    BlackOracleBlackOracle Posts: 254 ★★★
    Ebony_Naw said:

A lot to like here imo. One thing I would have liked to see was some more definitive timelines. I love that we got one for the boss rush and cav difficulty event quests, but when do you expect the changes for Act 6 (for example) to go into effect?

Also, if you're looking at some of the bosses, what do you expect to do with them? And more importantly when? Can we expect to say goodbye acid wash mysterio and caustic temper sinister (though sinister isn't nearly as bad as half of 6.3)? Will it take weeks? Months? And which summoners will you be talking to? I hope the plan isn't to just go to the CCP. No offense intended to anyone, but they don't represent the community. (I nominate DNA3000 for any committee to discuss reworks, btw).

Would appreciate clarity on this if available. I think it's an important piece of the roadmap to have expectations of when we can see these changes.

They said before Book 2nd comes out in Dec 2020. So hopefully before then.
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★

Compensation absolutely needs to be given out to everyone who completed Act 6 and especially who explored it in its current form. The changes are substantial and I really don’t like the word “recently completed” when describing who will receive the compensation if there is any. There needs to be compensation and it needs to be for everyone regardless of when they completed it.
    Also, will the Summer of Pain be permanent content or end after this summer

Yeah, I’m really hoping that recently completed stuff is just for the act 2 stuff rather than the act 6, with changes this huge it’s only fair everyone who’s done it already gets something, ideally somewhat tailored to the amount that the player has done
  • Options
    SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    @Kabam I think this change is great if followed though. Great work!
  • Options
    SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    I’m hyped
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    Overall, pretty awesome and exciting stuff coming around.

The removal of the "Node Retreat" node from The Champion is a good change as well, but kinda makes me regret a bit for spending a good amount of units trying to complete it. It was the only fight on act 6 that made me use units actually.

I don't think the compensation will cover that for me, but I guess I'll wait to see what will be announced
  • Options
    GercasGercas Posts: 100 ★★
    I’m still not sure when the attack values are going down on act 6, it says before book 2 but that is until December can someone clarify this
  • Options
    Ely_20Ely_20 Posts: 83
    Rarely post on here but I want to say thank you Kabam and developers for addressing our Act 6 concerns and for planning new, exciting stuff for the months to come! Looking forward to when they go live in the game.
  • Options
    MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    An interesting and well put together read.

With 6.2 being most player's progression bottleneck I welcome this news. I realise that it's probably too much work to rework the entirety of Act 6 and re-tuning attack values and nerfing the worst encounters is the best that we can hope for. I hope that Act 6 is the act where the player shows their ability, demonstrates their depth of roster and (limitless wallets) and Book 2 is all about celebrating champions and offering rewards for unique play-styles etc.

When the initial Book 2 Beta came out I was actually very surprised, I had anticipated October or so for the next iteration of story mode to give the chance for players outside of the true behemoths of the game to get through it fully. It looked rushed and more of the same amped up to 1000. I've played all of the Variants so I know what you're all capable of producing when you put your mind to it so I'm optimistic about Book 2.

Roll on Variant 5, I'm also very curious to see just what you have in store for the whales. Make them suffer :)
  • Options
    Jx5priceJx5price Posts: 15

I was really hoping to at least see the Attack value reduction and The Champion fight redesign very soon so I can continue with my act 6 exploration...

Couldn't agree more. Im sure there are plenty of others that are stuck here due to not having the right champs. Action sooner rather than later on this particular item would be greatly appreciated. That champion fight is just stupid hard. I like a challenge and all, but that fight is ridiculous.
  • Options
    Xva23Xva23 Posts: 500 ★★★
    Is the compensation only for people who've completed act 6 or 6.2? Cause I did the sinister quest but haven't done champion boss, will I be compensated? Not a problem even if I'm not,lol I'm just happy about the champion nerf. But would still like to know.
  • Options
    KentKent Posts: 65
    No new content later this month?
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    I have to say, I really like what I've seen. I think it's taken a great deal of feedback on Quests into account. Looking forward to the rollout.
  • Options
    LostCrestLostCrest Posts: 105
    I just read it but I think I missed when they said the 6.1,2,3,4 attack values were being nerfed. Can anyone help me?