**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Back Issues #8: Deadpoolooza!

Comments

• Hunter_Sarc0Hunter_Sarc0 Posts: 37
    It was better to have a variant where we could use 2 and 3 stars, maybe 4 stars too. @Kabam Miike
  • Crimson8399Crimson8399 Posts: 749 ★★★
    There really needs to be some revives given for this poorly designed content.
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,058 ★★★★
    Rowst said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Rowst said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Rowst said:

Tanker said:

Rowst said:

Complaining about the X Force boss is dumb.

It says a 100% less chance to throw a special, this doesn't include ability accuracy etc. It isn't a flat 100%. He's immune to AAR meaning he technically still has a chance to throw special attacks.

The venompool wasn't even difficult provided you are like myself and other end game players and hapoen to have the correct mastery and champion set up. It should NOT be that way.

Had zero issues in with the Lifecycle boss either so not sure where the issue is there.

Actually it's not dumb considering the fact Kabam just said it's not "end game content". You just proved that is too difficult.
    Already corrected myself to say I was wrong and it is bugged.

But it is certainly not a difficult fight.
    With the bug, it is a difficult fight with one counter or you have to hope you can get it with the whole team. That sounds like an endgame task, something variant is not
    I'm referring to the Deadpool X Force when saying it isn't a difficult fight.

Even with an R3 Apoc the Venompool fight was still an absolute shambles. It needs changed. Taking away the 1% perma-regen would actually mean even somebody like Masacre could work that fight with relative ease.
    So am I. The only champion that can really solo the fight as far as I know is nebula. That’s more niche than it should be thanks to the bug. And even then, I wouldn’t say it’s a fair fight for the current target audience.
    Yeah I've solo'd with Nebs and R3 domino currently but I appreciate a large majority of the player base won't have those counters.

That being said, Variant 1 was also a ****-house of niche counters and terrible node combinations and some how we've all managed to get that done lol.
    Try soloing with Domino when you don't get lucky on sp2 and it doesn't crit then we can call this "easy"
    That we somehow managed to get through V1 doesn't make it a good design "lol"
  • DutchmeezzDutchmeezz Posts: 2
    The bosses of 1.1 & 1.2 are bugged. First one won't die, and 2nd is just AON bit description says 100% chance to not use specials.
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,058 ★★★★

It was better to have a variant where we could use 2 and 3 stars, maybe 4 stars too. @Kabam Miike

That's V4 and the 1* quest sucks balls. Everything else was fun but that 1* quest was a massive slog to explore, I hope to never see it's kind again.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    Chikel said:

That's V4 and the 1* quest sucks balls. Everything else was fun but that 1* quest was a massive slog to explore, I hope to never see it's kind again.
    It was fine at the time. Caustic temper Mordo sucked but it was a small price to pay for a 4-5 gem. The HB buff made it worse, and the rewards are now dated compared to variants 5-7 though.

Variants 1 and 2 didn’t have the same effort/cost to reward ratio IMO.
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,136 ★★★★★
    edited November 2021
    Just finished the first two chapters - DPX with fundamentals is definitely bugged. That deadpooloid miniboss before with life cycle seems bugged too.

Not touching the final chapter until there is clarification on that Venompool...
  • CosmicGuardianCosmicGuardian Posts: 408 ★★★
    While I haven’t done a large amount of variant content, I feel this is definitely one that I am going to skip for the foreseeable future. It just seems like there’s no clear target for this variant. Based on statements made, this is not endgame content, thus there will not be any increase in rewards.

However, based on difficulty and roster restriction, it’s hard to see how this isn’t endgame content. Unless you have a wide and varied roster, most of the champs that you can use in this variant, a good proportion of players don’t have ranked. Many of the champs aren’t really top rank-up choices and probably aren’t on players’ lists to take up right away. While there are some good champs in the mix, it just seems like the restrictions for this variant are the most niche out of all the variants we’ve had so far.

So while the rewards would certainly be a help for progressing players like myself where 5* champs are still valuable, it feels like the way the variant was designed, it was done so with endgame players that have more diverse rosters in mind.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,245 ★★★★★

the hardest resource by far for end game players to acquire is t5b, and this quest gives 3 full t5b!

You’re lacking T5B too?
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,245 ★★★★★
    Or we can just wait until the bug is resolved.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Ebony_Naw said:

Rowst said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Rowst said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Rowst said:

Tanker said:

Rowst said:

Complaining about the X Force boss is dumb.

It says a 100% less chance to throw a special, this doesn't include ability accuracy etc. It isn't a flat 100%. He's immune to AAR meaning he technically still has a chance to throw special attacks.

The venompool wasn't even difficult provided you are like myself and other end game players and hapoen to have the correct mastery and champion set up. It should NOT be that way.

Had zero issues in with the Lifecycle boss either so not sure where the issue is there.

Actually it's not dumb considering the fact Kabam just said it's not "end game content". You just proved that is too difficult.
    Already corrected myself to say I was wrong and it is bugged.

But it is certainly not a difficult fight.
    With the bug, it is a difficult fight with one counter or you have to hope you can get it with the whole team. That sounds like an endgame task, something variant is not
    I'm referring to the Deadpool X Force when saying it isn't a difficult fight.

Even with an R3 Apoc the Venompool fight was still an absolute shambles. It needs changed. Taking away the 1% perma-regen would actually mean even somebody like Masacre could work that fight with relative ease.
    So am I. The only champion that can really solo the fight as far as I know is nebula. That’s more niche than it should be thanks to the bug. And even then, I wouldn’t say it’s a fair fight for the current target audience.
    Yeah I've solo'd with Nebs and R3 domino currently but I appreciate a large majority of the player base won't have those counters.

That being said, Variant 1 was also a ****-house of niche counters and terrible node combinations and some how we've all managed to get that done lol.
    But variants have shifted to a different base of players. The marker of variant hasn’t moved since variant 3, but you and I have moved way past that marker. Variant 1 was designed for endgame players. Some time later, variants were reeled in to target closer to the mid game player who may not even be TB yet. I don’t think you’re fully appreciating how different their experience is. Without the bug, dpx is a fun challenge they can use to sharpen their skills.

With the bug, it’s nearly impossible without nebula. End of story. What you and I can or cannot do is irrelevant.
    @Ebony_Naw just a tip for the deadpool boss that's bugged, there's a deadpooloid that gives the attacker a power steal on heavy and specials. If you use a champ that can heavy spam, you can keep deadpool locked in the corner and heavy him - power draining every time.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

Or we can just wait until the bug is resolved.

Whoa, there. Enough without the crazy talk.
  • Savagery1NmotionSavagery1Nmotion Posts: 16
    edited November 2021
    Y'all **** this variant up. We can all agree that overall design is ****. This is way to champion specific, 15 usable mercenary champs in the game what if you don't have them? The reward thing like come on now what the ****. I still have half of those rank of gems sitting in my inventory on the previous variants. The players want six star shards and sig Stones not goddamn rank up gems. I like many others here will not be doing this content. As for thrills snide comment perhaps you guys at kabam could get somebody with a little more people skills to do your forum posts in the future
  • mgj0630mgj0630 Posts: 992 ★★★★
    Well I think this content is awful, but I thought I'd share a piece of potentially helpful info for the 1.2 DPX boss.

I've only done one lane so far, but I took a 6*r2 Masacre, Domino, Gwenpool, Taskmaster, and 5*r4 Winter Soldier (if the ranks weren't mentioned, it's cause they were really just there for synergy purposes).

Masacre cleared the lane just fine, then at DPX, I used the three synergy champs to do whatever little damage I could (it wasn't much), then Masacre to do the bulk of the damage (getting him past that 30% power gain). Then Winter Soldier for clean up. With the Taskmaster synergy, he was getting the power drain pretty often. Enough to keep him in check and get him down without revives.

So in closing, this sucks, but that's at least one viable option for folks with champs most people probably have by now.
  • bazingampbazingamp Posts: 141
    What's wrong with with Venom Pool boss. @Kabam Miike Give my revives back. I tried with Apoc too but than I need max despair. seriously?
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,136 ★★★★★
    Yeah so I'm leaving that last quest until we hear more. Don't want to reset my masteries for a fight like that.
  • OGAvengerOGAvenger Posts: 1,105 ★★★★★
    OGAvenger said:

Worst variant by far. Restrictions aren’t fun, bosses aren’t fun, nodes aren’t fun, and the bugs aren’t fun

Huge miss on this one

Not to mention one of the top counters to this entire variant relies on parry/heavy for maximum damage while parry is still broken for many 😂😂
  • GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    edited November 2021
    You guys need to resolve the bug soon or many people will get into trouble, not everyone read forum or check youtube before entering this V. They would think that they suck or their reading comprehension is weidrly off.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    bazingamp said:

What's wrong with with Venom Pool boss. @Kabam Miike Give my revives back. I tried with Apoc too but than I need max despair. seriously?

That fight is garbage but did you think Apoc reversed the healing by magic? That's as much on you as it is on them for designing an absolutely trash fight.