**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

15.0 Alliance Wars Update Discussion Thread

Comments

• KyrieRedKyrieRed Posts: 287 ★★
    KyrieRed wrote: »
    Will you be looking at replacing the class detect masteries since they are largely useless now then?

Also, +1 on disagreeing with the removal of defender kills as that was a pretty key strategy element of the war system. In fact, our last war win was a close one that was won in large part because the opponent had 27 more deaths. Seems like a pretty blatant attempt to encourage more spending to revive/heal to win. Will the item caps at least stay in place?
    So you won the war based on defender kills. Now the other side of the coin. How do you think the other alliance felt after trying their best to beat your probably 5/5 MD Magik. Let's not be hypocrites. The so called "boss killers" can take a shot at the boss (it doesn't matter if the do poorly or good) because he/she is... well the boss killer while other members have to sit idle because if theytry to fight the boss and don't do good you are helping the other alliance. I'm by any means agreeing with the change because let's be honest here AW will continue to be a cash grab regardless, but also let's be logical you won't be on a at disadvantage because, whoever the alliance you go against, the same rules will apply to them.

Well it is a war, an alliance event. You need to work as a team, working as a team is recognizing that some players are better than others at certain things. When we have AQ and AW up at the same time we usually have one person join war at the end, when his best guys are finished with AQ so he can use them to take out the boss in wars. If you dont want your best boss killer to take the first shot at the boss then you wont be winning too many wars...well...not anymore lol

I know you have some valid points and I'm with ya, skill players will win more wars. But how can average Joe develop skill if every "boss time" is reserved for the "good/boss killer/most skill fingers, etc." players with the "good champions" to fear of losing war because average joe "got a try". Maybe I'm biased because I was that average joe before but still I feel it makes it fair for everyone. Think about AQ mini bosses are fun because if u die that doesn't affect the outcome of AQ if you 100%. I guess that where Kabam got the idea.
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    Im pretty sure being vocal about our thoughts on the defender kills issue counts as being constructive. Not sure why so many comments about them being deleted

Oh absolutely. The ones being deleted are not the constructive ones.

Please provide your definition of "constructive" so we're all on the same page.
  • So for the past year we have been Ranking champs such as Magik, NC, Dorm, Electro, Spidey and Juggy for they Defence capabilities.

And now you're telling us we'll be penalized for not using Diversity and thisnis what the Tie Breaker will be.

Has to be, given you've just made it easier for Ally's to get 100%...with Spend, not Skill of course.

So how is this fair?!?

And what will the compensation be?!?

Because as far as I'm concerned I would never have Ranked Spidey or YJ had I known this, as my BG had enough of them already.

And more fights and a larger Map?
    So more Defenders to be placed?
    And more Attackers to be used?

We need answers to this ASAP, not more Marketing mumbo jumbo.

At face value, there seems to be some interesting elements.

But dig below the hyperbole - which Kabam isn't very good at, by the way - that's what this is really about.

Continue to skew the Contest toarwards rewarding Skill, not Spend.
  • gonZ21gonZ21 Posts: 14
    Can you explain to us how this benefits the player in any way plz ? So now there is no defender kills which means skill doesn't play a role in wars basically the more you spend the more chances to win ( benefits you guys). 5 mini bosses vs 3 ( benefits you guys). Same rewards as before ( benefits you guys ). I mean plz any admin please tell me if Iam wrong and how ???
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    I like how Kabam Miike is ignoring the main point of the posts he is quoting. Removing defender kills makes them more $$$, plain and simple. Just admit it

We have addressed that a few times. As we said, that was not the goal with the change. The goal with the removal of Defender kills wasn't to increase the use of Potions or Revives, but to relieve the feeling of defeat that comes with taking one shot at a defender, losing, and feeling that you're now helping the other Alliance, so you stop playing, even though you have 2 perfectly good attackers still there.

Trying to stay positive but this seems like a stretch to justify this move. In all the wars I have played l across many tiers(these days t2) over the last year rarely have I seen someone not KO there whole team for this reason unless at boss and no chance to down.

Usually when this happens it look more like they or a teammate was unable to return for the end.

Really doubtful that this happens often where people fight someone and just give up based off personal experience. Even in current AW one kill and node is worth more than 3 deaths I believe or at least equivalent in points and usually also frees up exploration so large majority go for it.
  • JuggerneyksJuggerneyks Posts: 275 ★★
    Well im at warning level 2 for my acct, guess i will refrain from posting my negative opinion on this for fear of defcon 3 and nuclear war. LETS MAKE KABAM GREAT AGAIN!
  • Slux83Slux83 Posts: 357 ★★
    I like how Kabam Miike is ignoring the main point of the posts he is quoting. Removing defender kills makes them more $$$, plain and simple. Just admit it

We have addressed that a few times. As we said, that was not the goal with the change. The goal with the removal of Defender kills wasn't to increase the use of Potions or Revives, but to relieve the feeling of defeat that comes with taking one shot at a defender, losing, and feeling that you're now helping the other Alliance, so you stop playing, even though you have 2 perfectly good attackers still there.

Sorry to say this but you just showed us that you guys have no idea how your own game works really. This is just another money grab
  • Ready61Ready61 Posts: 11
    I like the new changes. That's going to help BIG time for guys that pilot accounts anyways. Only thing I don't like is same rewards. And because of that alone you might loose BIG spenders Kabam.
  • JuggerneyksJuggerneyks Posts: 275 ★★

drr9exot34rh.png

Here the quick survey about our Feeling with more than 90% disagreed with your assumption. So, what would you say?

If your truely care about our feeling as you said, please do something about it. Otherwise, you are just another money grabing company that doesn't care about anything but profit. There is nothing wrong with it, really! Just admit it and don't pretend that you care about our feeling.

where is this poll? i would like to vote or is it closed already
  • Superman69Superman69 Posts: 534 ★★★
    GREAT! 5 minis with the same 3 attackers on a much bigger map, means more revives needed! No defender kill points! BIG SPENDERS WIN EVERY WAR!!! FUNNN!!!!!

Bigger map doesn't mean that you'll be having more fights. There will be just as many Defenders as there were before.

ok, just as many defenders. But defender kills, in combo with 5 mini bosses means $$ wins every war. No more skill. Good job killing wars.

The amount of items that any user can use remains the same, so every Alliance Member can still only Revive/Heal 15 times. This hasn't changed. Additionally, 5 Minibosses doesn't mean that any one person will be taking on more than 1.

The goal with the removal of Defender kills wasn't to increase the use of Potions or Revives, but to relieve the feeling of defeat that comes with taking one shot at a defender, losing, and feeling that you're now helping the other Alliance, so you stop playing, even though you have 2 perfectly good attackers still there.

Well IF that is the real reason why you have removed the defender kills, at least add this new function.
    For every item used/ For every champ revived, the other alliance gets 500 points (the same amount of points as we get now for a defender kill)
    This way, No one who has 2 champs remaining would feel 'DEFEAT' or that he's 'Helping the other alliance' and can go for a second and third shot using the other two champions. Also, this would keep AW at least a bit skill based, as opposed to what you are doing right now with this update.
  • G-Hun-GearG-Hun-Gear Posts: 1,434 ★★★★
    Sooo... I know that everything has been said already... But for the sake of momentum, let me recap:

No. 1: Bigger Maps
    Bigger map with more nodes, while the number of opponents has stayed the same and the timer is reduced... The only sense that I can make out of this is that Kabam wants us to spend more time with the game... My energy is now refilled every 5 hours instead of every 7... Also, I need to make more steps, so I have to spend more time in wars.

Remember, when AW was released, they said: "Don't worry guys, the Maps are small and require much less steps than AQ... So it's not just "one more thing to do and get you stuck into the game""... well, now it is... or at least it is on its way there...

No. 2: Five Mini-Bosses
    5 Mini Bosses... Just... Who complained about there being not enough mini bosses?!? The only use of mini bosses was to gather def-kills... Now def-kills are useless and more mini bosses simply means more items used...

No. 3: Def-Kills
    Speaking of def-kills... Don't even get me started... Kabam can sugar coat it as much as they want, pretend that the change is against the frustration of not not fighting after the first fight... But: Who does that? Nobody just gives up after losing one fight despite having 2 champs left...

Simple math at the moment ist the following: Point wise it is ok to die up to 4 times against one enemy, the exploration points and the offense kill points will make up for the defensive kill points... But: Now it is possible to die UNLIMITED TIMES! Think about it: With the right items (threat would be 15 great team revives) you can produce 45 def-kills per player... And still win the war!

If this changes actually go live, then AW is dead... And probably MCOC with it altogether...
  • Ready61Ready61 Posts: 11
    So great job Kabam IMO with taking out defenders kills. The WAR was not matched up fair from defenders kills anyway from guys piloting accounts. Grinders if you want more resources do more grinding. Kabam if you want to keep your spenders from retiring this game start giving out tier 2 alpha fragments in AW top tier. Or glory points.
  • Thestoryteller6Thestoryteller6 Posts: 153 ★★
    Miike if you guys remove defender kill points at least reduce the amount of points per try given during attack for example if you are killed fighting one node on AW and trying again and again. It shouldn't be the same... there should be some kind of punish for those who keep reviving, it doesn't seems right and it's different killing your opponent on your first try than killing your opponent on your fith try. Also considering the points per boss, mini boss, normal nodes.
    At least that way there would be a skill gap reflecting in those points.
    If you guys let that way you're not helping anyone except for the big spenders.

I like this idea as a plan B...

But seriously, Kabam, everyone can see that taking away defender kill points is a stupid idea, no matter how you try to justify it... And no matter how many exclamation marks you use when talking about in your original post!
  • I like how Kabam Miike is ignoring the main point of the posts he is quoting. Removing defender kills makes them more $$$, plain and simple. Just admit it

drr9exot34rh.png

Here the quick survey about our Feeling with more than 90% disagreed with your assumption. So, what would you say?

If your truely care about our feeling as you said, please do something about it. Otherwise, you are just another money grabing company that doesn't care about anything but profit. There is nothing wrong with it, really! Just admit it and don't pretend that you care about our feeling.

where is this poll? i would like to vote or is it closed already

I don't find it either, lol. Probably it has been removed after just 1 hour. If it stays, hundred of us will vote, too.

But the idea is stastically proven, and I saved the screenshot, just in case.

• SanvondesSanvondes Posts: 13
    Sooo more difficult map but same rewards?
  • I like how Kabam Miike is ignoring the main point of the posts he is quoting. Removing defender kills makes them more $$$, plain and simple. Just admit it

drr9exot34rh.png

Great information. Thanks for sharing that.

Mike, I was wondering about this as well. Where did you get your information about people feeling defeated and not wanting to take a shot at a champ because they were worried that it would help the other team? Is there a survey that you took or did you ask the beta testers? It seems odd to me because nobody in my alliance feels this way when were are fighting in an AW and based on the posted survey, almost everyone that answered doesn't feel that way as well. Seems a little disingenuous to use that as a reason for the change with no data to support it.
  • RebusUIRebusUI Posts: 45
    I'm tired of hearing magik limbo and all... Dr Voodoo 4* or 5* will down magik in 1-3 tries... doesn't take much... finish your combos in odd... reduces her ability to proc limbo by 50% and once you place the debuff on Magik... limbo hardly proc... Dorm now get cap ww2 and just pray degen doesn't kill you first... boosting always helps and with the new AW boosts added could help... just saying... or just wait a little while... the first 6* champ might be degen immune... lol

Now I want to know about the rewards... right now it better to do arena milestones in basic and feature than to do AW cause you get more 4* and 5* shards... so with all the added adjustment to AW I hope the rewards reflects the changes... like at least double the current 4* and 5* shards rewards... I'm talking like 1000 4* shards and 1200 5* for winning teams... anything less than this is **** in my opinion
  • nebneb Posts: 453 ★★★
    Maybe this defender kills not mattering anymore is just a way of helping people forget about all the other ways the community has been ignored they can still reverse this and say see! We listen and value our customers!
    Can't stop a guy from dreaming right??
  • CashgrabCashgrab Posts: 5
    So we are gonna make your map harder. We are gonna take away defender kills which is all about skill. Along with keeping your rewards the same as before which is total ****. So basically everyone who doesn't have the ability to spend at will your alliance is screwed in wars. Once again instead of fixing all the current problems in game they are gonna add more content that their servers can't handle. Should make our game experience that much more laggy with more crashes. That by the way are your phones fault not theirs even though the community uses diffrent phones and providers. Great job once again kascam way to give it to us once again with no **** !!!!
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,501 ★★★★★
    Removing a thread with a poll that is clearly inconsistent with Kabam's explanation of why defender kills are no longer scores is entirely disingenuous to claiming that you want to work with the community and value our input. Stop talking out of two sides of your mouth.
This discussion has been closed.